Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!
I was up and at 'em super early this morning. I got to the office at 7:35 this morning - whoo hoo! I wanted to get to work really early so that I could leave work early, and hopefully miss the horrible Halloween rush hour traffic. Have you ever realized that traffic after work on Halloween is the absolute worst ever!? It is seriously up there with the Wednesday before Thanksgiving if you ask me!

Today I am really tired, and when that happens I usually do not eat well. I guess I will not be too upset about it, since it is Halloween!

This morning I bought a bagel from the caf this morning at 8:30. It was good, and I had not prepared oats last night, so it was one of my only choices..... ugh. But it was good - even though it was my second bagel of the week!

The bagel kept me full for a long time! At 12:15 I went for a lovely walk. It was only about a twenty minute walk, but it was so beautiful out (maybe 60 degrees and a cloudless blue sky!) and I was just thrilled to be outside for a bit. My friend Anne went with me and we had a nice talk during the walk.

I did not end up having lunch until around 1:30 and I could not believe that I was able to wait that long! I had a great cup of soup from Trader Joe's. It was their Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup. I was not sure if I would like it or not - but it was sooo good! I am thrilled that the soup is low sodium, as well. To go along with the soup I had a piece of cucumber, a 'normal' sized carrot and a piece of french bread to dip in the soup. (By the way, I fully admit that the lunch pictures today are horrible looking - my apologies!)

So, to celebrate Halloween I totally enjoyed a few pieces of candy. After lunch I had a "fun sized" Snickers and two Starbursts. I was not able to leave at 3:30, as I was planning but was still able to get out at 4pm. The highway was a total parking lot by that time, of course! But I still got home in thirty minutes.... not too bad. I was starving when I got home, so I made a big cup of tea which kept me satisfied for a while.

I am so exhausted and as I'm re-capping my food for the day, I can see that my usual "tired eating" trend came true again today. When I'm tired, I eat carbs! Tonight for dinner, I made homemade pizza. (Pictures to come later!) We have only had a couple of trick or treaters tonight - and Ben and I have definitely snacked on a few pieces of candy while we are waiting for the door bell to ring!!

I hope you are all having a spooky Halloween and have a great weekend - I'll post more tomorrow!

2 comments:

nikkiO said...

I want to see pics of all the candy wrappers! I ate so much candy. I need a partner in candy crime...

nikkiO said...

Roaster red pepper soup and snacky bell pepper pieces!? Ugh. I hate bell peppers and you eat a lot of them!

Still luv your blog tho. :)