Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday: fast walk, run, and food!

I hope everyone had a good Monday - I know a few friends that had a "case of the Mondays" but hopefully most of us had a good day!

I got off to a super early start. I was able to get up out of bed at 6:25 this morning. I was sad to see that it was still dark when my alarm went off at 6:15! After my shower, I noticed that my cell phone had a new text message - and oh of course, it was the T telling me that my train to South Station was running twenty five minutes late! UGH. At that moment I decided to drive to work, since I could not be late today! After getting ready, making and packing lunch I left the house at 7:15 this morning and got to work at 7:40! It was a great drive.

I had a productive morning, and did not end up getting to breakfast until 9:30 when I had half a cup of coffee with soy milk and a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with soy milk. What a yummy breakfast! We do not usually have HN Cheerios - but they are Ben's parent's favorites, and I'm happy to have them!

At lunch I took one of my "fast walks" with my friend Katherine. We walked our route "all the way" ... everyone at work thinks that if you walk the entire route it is three miles. However, on our walk today, Katherine and I were discussing if we actually thought it was three miles or not. We both think it is probably a little less - but probably still 2 1/2 miles. We walked for 40 minutes, so it was a good workout. We were hot when we got back inside - it was a beautiful day, probably near 70 degrees.

I was happy that I walked before I ate lunch, because it made everything I

had brought to work taste even better.
I did not have a super healthy lunch, I was sort of at another loss. But I made a peanut butter and preserves sandwich on Arnold's high fiber bread.





For snacks I had green pepper slices, roasted red pepper hummus, and eight honey wheat pretzel sticks. It was a great lunch!

For some reason, by the afternoon I was feeling like I was snacking a lot! Which is sort of strange, because I only had two snacks.... At 2:30 I had a handful of trail mix that had almonds, raisins, cashews, and a couple of small pieces of dark chocolate.

At 4pm I had a strawberry Chobani... for some reason, I forgot to take a picture of that - but by now you probably know what that looks like! Today for a brief moment, as I was eating the yogurt, I studied the nutritional info on the strawberry Chobani. It has 140 calories, 20 g carbs, and 14 g of protein! Of course, it's fat free. I was telling my friend Nicole today, that it is sort of my new miracle food!

Because I got to work so early, I was able to leave work by 4:15 this afternoon - woo-hoo!! I was sooo excited to get to leave in the afternoon instead of the evening! I got to the gym by 4:45 and was running into the gym, when all of the sudden I realized that I forgot my RUNNING SHOES!!!! I went back to the car, to see if I had an extra pair of asics in the car.... and I did not!

I got back in the car, and started driving home. I was so annoyed with myself for forgetting my sneakers. I was so sad to not be able to get to the gym. But by the time I got home, I was newly inspired. I changed into my new running clothes, and hit the sidewalk. I did a half hour run through my neighborhood. It was GREAT! After a half an hour, Ben and his parents had returned from an afternoon adventure in downtown Boston. I was able to get his parents to walk with me for another half an hour, so I was walking/running for a total of one hour. I felt like I had accomplished a good work out!

For dinner we ordered Thai food. Our Thai place in Newton Centre is now under new management. The food was still good, but my tofu was not quite as crispy as it was the time before. But we are looking forward to the new menu that is coming out next week.... Fingers crossed that it will still be amazing!

I had tofu pad thai, a chicken dish and some of a fresh spring roll with shrimp. Oh, my one sad point with the new management is that they no longer offer Jasmine rice... it's just brown rice or white rice. But at least brown rice is an option still. Dinner was good tonight, and we had a fun time being together.

Ok, I have to sign off for now. I am missing out in the pumpkin carving festivities! I'm going to start heating up the oven to make pumpkin seeds - yum!

So, I'll catch you all tomorrow - have a great rest of your Monday evening!!

2 comments:

nikkiO said...

Sounds like a very successful Monday! I was telling Dg about the Chobani. I must find some!
You're so lucky it's not raining up there. It hasn't stopped for almost a day!

Kristin Marie said...

I do not believe for a SECOND that it is a 3 mile walk