Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday - home sick

Well, I woke up even worse off than I was when I went to bed on Thursday night. I decided to stay home and try to get better ASAP since Ben and I are going away from Saturday until Monday. Our friends Lauren & Jay are getting married on Sunday in the Catskills! We’re having a weekend away in the Mountains, and I refuse to be sick.Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org


This morning Ben made banana muffins for breakfast… they were really great! I enjoyed a glass of orange juice while they were in the oven and a few minutes after they were done, I had one muffin and a cup of coffee with 1% milk. I gave myself credit for not having oatmeal for breakfast today Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

I tried to read my book for a while, and ended up taking another snooze for an hour or two. At 1:30 I had Campbell’s Healthy Request chicken noodle soup and a nice piece of ciabatta bread from my friends at Bread and Chocolate. I toasted the bread and put some Earth Balance spread on it. Campbell’s Healthy Request still has sort of a lot of sodium, but definitely less than their normal soup. Just remember – one can of soup has TWO servings, not one. One cup of soup is 20% of your sodium. Somehow I was full after the bread and one cup of soup. I especially liked that the soup had nice chunks of chicken and carrots in it. With some ground black pepper, it definitely helped me feel better.

After reading for a while (I had no energy to blog!) I watched an episode of Project Runway – and then fell asleep for another three hour nap. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Tonight for dinner I had my two left over pieces of pizza. Instead of warming them in the microwave, I took a page from my mom’s playbook. I placed the pizza on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven which was heated to 275 degrees. Oh, before I put them in, I seasoned the pizza with Oregano, garlic powder and onion powder. I love heating leftover pizza in the oven because it comes out really crunchy (not soggy!) and it’s always good. Tonight was no exception.

So all reviewed, not the healthiest day of eating - but when you're sick I guess you have to make due sometimes with what is both available, and not too labor intensive. Hopefully we'll both doing better tomorrow!

It’s 9:40 right now and Ben and I are watching the Red Sox in the first game of the ALCS. I sure wish Josh Becket was pitching right now! But it’s the third inning right now, and we’re still tied at zero – it could be worse. Go Red Sox!!! I wonder how far I’ll make it through the game before I have to retire to bed, yet again today. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Good night ya’ll – Hopefully I’ll be able to post this weekend from the resort we’re staying in! If not, I’ll be taking notes and will update when I get back on Monday. Until then - have a great holiday weekend everyone!

No comments: