Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Food update for a few days...


Ok, so like I said, I'm behind. I can tell you what I've been eating (and I will!) but I'm seriously behind in the photos, as well.

On Sunday morning I had a really, super traditional breakfast! I had a combination of Kellog's Smart Start and Kashi Heart 2 Heart with skim milk and a little juice glass of orange juice. I was at my mom's house, and all Sunday morning I was sneezing... I was scared that I was getting a cold. So far I'm ok... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I stay healthy! Here is a boring photo of my breakfast on Sunday...

I watched the morning shows with my mom on Sunday... who knew that Meet the Press was on at 9am this Sunday instead of the usual 10AM time slot it has in Providence?? Glad I got up an hour earlier than normal!

After a while, I decided to head back to Newton. I stopped by Petco to get Daisy more cat food, more jingle balls (her favorite toys) and a new mouse with cat nip in it. She loves this new mouse, more than the others because there is a rattle inside the mouse! We now feed Daisy Science Diet kitten dry food, and we give her a little bit of wet food once or twice a day. I think the wet food is definitely keeping her coat nice and soft. Her favorite wet food right now is the Minced Savory Salmon by Science Diet... she loves it.

Once we got back to Newton I dropped Daisy off at the house, and went to the grocery store. I loaded up on a lot of fruits and veggies, along with milk, orange juice, ground turkey and more. Unfortunately, Stop and Shop was out of the chobani blueberry and strawberry yoghurts. So, After checking out of the first market, I headed over to Whole Foods to get a few more things, and five yoghurts for the week!

At around 2pm I had to have a snack - and I was surprised that the cereal and orange juice tied me over for 5 hours! Instead of having a big lunch, since I was running around doing my Sunday errands, I had a Blueberry Zbar by Cliff Bar. I can't say enough about these little bars. I love that they are low calorie and are pretty healthy for a fast on the go snack.

For dinner on Sunday night I cooked slices of green and red peppers, ground turkey and chopped onion all together. Once the turkey was cooked I added a can of verde enchillada sauce to the mixture. I also cooked up a bit of black beans and rice. I wrapped up all of this with some non-fat sour cream and salsa and enjoyed some sort of Mexican food... I'm not sure if you'd call it a burrito or taco, but it was something like that - and very filling! I like making Mexican food at home because you can decide how healthy the food will be. By making the ground turkey instead of ground beef, using cooking spray instead of a high fat oil, and not adding regular sour cream, or high fat cheeses, Mexican food can still be rather healthy!

OK, I'm signing off for now - but I promise to catch up soon and get the photos back up again on a regular basis!

No comments: