Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lots of Sleep!

Hi Everyone -

Happy Saturday! Last night Ben's parents arrived in Boston from Colorado. They are staying with us until Wednesday. I picked them up at the airport, and drove them back to our house. After we got home we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and take a walk around the neighborhood.

While we were on our walk, we stopped at Starbucks where we all enjoyed pumpkin spice lattes. I ordered mine with skim milk, and only two pumps of syrup - I always ask the barista to make my drink with only half the amount of syrup they would normally put in whatever size drink I order. My drink was delicious and full of pumpkin flavor - I could not imagine ordering a full flavored drink!

Ben came home, with Daisy in tow. She has nearly fully recovered from her surgery. She was very hungry when she got home and enjoyed her Science Diet kitten food!

We decided to order pizza for dinner. We had two pizzas, one veggie pizza (green peppers, onions and mushroom) and a pepperoni pizza. I also ordered a big salad for myself which filled me up. But I still did have two pieces of pizza! The salad was wonderful! I used Newman's Own Lighten Up low fat Sesame Ginger Dressing which is perfect on anything.


Last night we were all exhausted from a long week. I ended up going to bed at 9:45 last night and I had a wonderful night of sleep.

This morning I woke up feeling completely re-energized! For breakfast I skipped Bread & Chocolate for a bowl of oats. I made the oats on the stove top with a mixture of water and 1% milk. I added a touch of vanilla, pumpkin spice and plenty of cinnamon. I also added blue berries to the oatmeal, once it was in my bowl. I made enough for two servings, and will save the second portion for tomorrow's breakfast.

Now I am fueled for the gym. I hope everyone is having a fantastic Saturday morning!

2 comments:

Kristin Marie said...

Hi Heather!

That pumpkin spice drink sounded great - I hope that the baristas really listen to you and pump that syrup only twice! I wouldn't trust 'em. I went to bed at 3am. I'm jealous of your 9:45 bedtime.

Heather said...

Kristin - The saddest thing, that I forgot to mention in the blog post is that the coffee man actually knows me now and I watched him pump the sugar twice! When I came to the counter he said, skim milk and half the flavor, right? That is probably a bad sign!