Sunday, October 5, 2008

Stressful Saturday!


OK, another recap. Saturday was a very stressful day for me. Ben was in DC, and I had told my mom I would drive my car down to Providence to spend Saturday with her. Before I left, I stopped by Bread and Chocolate to get a coffee in my Life is Good to go mug, and a pumpkin and chocolate chip muffin for breakfast!

I was on I-95 when my muffler decided to stop working! I wasn't sure if it was my muffler or something more serious, so I had to pull over on the highway. It was pretty horrible, but eventually I ended up being able to drive to my mom's house, and we dropped off my car at our neighborhood service station... it's still there today!

My mom and I went to Providence Place to look at clothes, make up and other fun things. The only thing I ended up buying was a silicone basting brush for myself and a wedding gift for my friend Lauren. I felt great doing that, and only spending a total of 95 cents on myself! I know the brush will come in helpful the next time I make the baked tofu recipe!

After walking around the mall for two hours (shopping can be cardio, right??) Mom and I stopped by Whole Foods for dinner. We also bought several Chobani yogurts - yum. When we got home I dove into a blue berry Chobani and discovered it is my favorite one so far!
To me, the Chobani is the perfect invention. I was always complaining that "regular" yoghurts were too high in sugar, but I ate them for the protein and calcium. Now I've found my survival food - low carbs, high in protein, calcium and the thickness makes it so substanial that it will keep you full for hours after! I'm in love. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

For dinner we had Whole Foods chicken noodle soup - it was so wonderful! There were so many veggies in the soup - carrots, onions, celery, etc. The kind that we brought home didn't have noodles, which we thought was a good thing. Also, the soup was NOT high in sodium, so we liked it even more. I cut up a couple of pieces of baget from our local bakery and toasted them in the oven to eat with the soup. It made for a great meal on a very fall like October evening. After dinner I was still a bit hungry, so I had a pear. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I forgot to take photos of dinner!!

No comments: