Sunday, October 5, 2008

Friday Re-cap



Hi Everyone -
Hope you are having a great weekend. I am having a lovely Sunday afternoon, after a ton of errands. I'm now back in Newton, settling down to catch up on a few blogs. Stay tuned...

Friday was a really fun food day. I started off with the same ol' breakfast oatmeal. I did spice it up just a little on Friday morning. I added a tablespoon of peanut butter and a palm full of granola which really added more substance to the oatmeal. It kept me full until lunch, which is always the best sign of a hearty breakfast.

For lunch I went with my colleague to the Sebastian Cafe in our work neighborhood. I usually bring my lunch to work, so I had not bought something before from this Cafe, but I always like going to look around . On this trip, I found two veggie Vietnamese Spring Rolls for $3.50 so I scooped them up. Veggie Spring Rolls are one of my favorite things, so I knew I could quickly incorporate them into my lunch from home.

For lunch I had a half cup of TJ's organic vanilla yogurt, baby carrots, and the veggie spring rolls (they came with a rice wine vinegar, soy, peanut sauce that I also enjoyed!)

Later I enjoyed a gala apple and a few whole wheat crackers.



After work I walked to South Station to meet up with my friend Ann Marie. The walk from my office to SS is 1.2 miles, which I did in just under 20 minutes. Ann Marie and I were meeting up with a few other friends for dinner to celebrate Katherine's birthday. Because I wasn't going to have time to work out, I took advantage of walking after work instead of taking the bus. I was so glad it wasn't raining - although there were definitely dark clouds hanging over me as I walked.

AM and I took the T to Central Square and we went to the Starbucks right across the way from the T stop. I enjoyed a tall, non-fat latte with one shot of sugar free vanilla, and an extra shot of espresso (which for some reason the awesome guy at Starbucks didn't charge me for - he had just made two essperessos, asked me if I wanted the extra and of course I said yes!) The end result was PERFECT. One great thing about lattes is it's a coffee drink with protein in it. When you order it with non-fat milk, you get all of the protein and none of the fat. It's a pretty good drink, especially when you need a pick me up.

I did need a pick me up on Friday evening. Usually on Fridays I go right home and unwind after a long week of work. I'm so glad I went out with my friends though, it was a lot of fun. After enjoying our drinks, Ann Marie and I walked to Inman Square and joined our group at Bukowski Tavern on Cambridge Street. I hadn't been to Bukowski's in a while, but I love it. I especially love The California Burger. I have to admit, this is NOT a great picture, but the burger was soooo good, I just had to post it!

I'm sorry for including this picture - but I couldn't help it. The California burger is a burger with avacado, cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce and red onion. I hadn't had a beef burger in months, and I cannot believe that I ate the entire thing! I even had a few of the french fries on my plate. Needless to say, after this burger - I didn't eat another thing for Friday... except for a couple of Tums before I went to bed. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

No comments: