Sunday, October 26, 2008

Busy Satruday

Hi All -

Yesterday was a super busy day, so I was really pleased with myself for getting to the gym for a little over an hour. While I was at the gym I did my walk, jog, run warm up for 15 minutes to get started. Then I moved on to weights for 30 minutes (arms and legs) and then did another warm down on the treadmill for 15 minutes after. It definitely felt like a quick work out - but I was glad that I got it done with such a busy day ahead of me.

My mom came up to visit and to see Ben's parents! We all hung out a bit in our house before we started out on our afternoon of adventures.

During this time I had lunch, and I was definitely hungry after the workout at the gym. I had one piece of pizza that was left over from dinner last night with a glass of soy milk. I heated up the pizza in the oven instead of the microwave and it made the pizza super crispy and more enjoyable!

Before the pizza was ready I had a snack of some Rold Gold honey wheat pretzel sticks. They are super good, and not bad for you. The last time I was at the grocery store, I wanted to get one of my old favorites Rold Gold Cheddar Tiny Twists... but I looked at the ingredients before I put the bag into the cart. I found partially hydrogenated soybean oil on the list! Ugh. So, I went with the Honey Wheat pretzels and they are healthier, and a great snack.

Ben made his fall snack mix of candy corn and peanuts. I had a handful of those as well! Normally I do not like candy corn because they are soooo sweet - but the mixture with the peanuts really cuts down the sugary taste of the candy. It is quite a fun mix.

After we were all done snacking, we piled into Ben's car and started out on our afternoon outing. Our first stop was at L.L.Bean in Burlington, Ma. I had been so excited to get to L.L.Bean to get a new fleece jacket. I was disappointed that they did not have the fleece I wanted - but I just found it online. The one thing I was thrilled about was a new selection of athletic clothes I found at L.L.Bean! I bought two pairs of yoga / running pants and a couple of other things. Right now L.L.Bean is having a special, that if you buy $50 you get a $10 gift certificate! I will use my g.c. for my new fleece.

Our second stop was our all time favorite place Wilson Farms. We all had such a great time exploring the farm stand, the pumpkins, and so on. We ended up getting a few pumpkins, an egg plant, a few bell peppers, hot loaf of french bread, a cucumber, scallions, spices, cider donuts, and chocolate milk. Here is a picture of the cider donuts my mom enjoyed. I had the smallest nibble of Ben's donut, but didn't have one of my own. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Once we got home we fixed up some of the snacks that we bought from Wilson Farms. Everyone else enjoyed some Havarti cheese with dill, and horseradish with some of the fresh french bread (both things from WF). For myself, I cut up some of the green bell pepper, roasted red pepper hummus, cucumber along with some of the french bread. Here is what my plate looked like (after I had taken a few bites!)

Even with all of our awesome snacks, we decided to go out to dinner. I convinced the gang to go to Needham for dinner at Sweet Basil. This place is amazing. They make everything fresh - including their pasta! For some reason, even though I had my camera with me, I forgot to take photos of our dinner! Ben ordered an amazing risotto as an appetizer to share... For dinner I had chicken piccata and it was wonderful. Thankfully it came with a side of their freshly made pasta. If you ever go to Sweet Basil, we highly recommend the veggie lasagna, the handmade ravioli, chicken parmasana, and just about anything else - oh and make sure to try their fresh pesto - it is amazing!

Ok, that is my super long Saturday! Sorry for all of the reading. I will be back later to update you on Sunday! Until then, Go Patriots!

No comments: