Sunday, October 19, 2008

Breakfast for Dinner!

Hi All -

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday. Ben and I had a very productive day, running errands and getting ready for Monday Night Football! We are super excited to go to the Patriots game tomorrow night. Ben is especially excited, being from Colorado and seeing as the Pats are playing the Broncos! The two teams that Ben cheers for are playing each other... and I guess the same goes for me since I like watching the Broncos as well.

We did a lot of errands today, and got almost everything we needed at Target which is a nice thing. One of the items we picked up today was a space heater since it's already freezing in Boston! We are using it tonight as I blog, and as we are watching the Red Sox game... it is working wonderfully so far. It has definitely taken the chill out of the air, thank goodness!

Due to the errands, I did not end up having lunch until 4 o'clock today... some how I managed to stay strong until we got home. I immediately made half a turkey sandwich with roasted red pepper hummus and spinach. I toasted one piece of our Great Harvest bread... it all came together as a pretty perfect sandwich. I had a few baby carrots and French Onion Sun Chips on the side. Sun Chips are one of the things I've not quite figured out yet - they used to be one of my favorite snacks, and I'm not sure if they are really bad for you. But I certainly don't eat them very often now. I will have to do some research and get back to you. Everything else aside, it was a great lunch.
After lunch, I made a cup of tea with honey and milk.... I used Ben's Iowa Hawkeye coffee mug. The tea really hit the spot.

For dinner tonight, Ben decided that we should have breakfast for dinner! He made his famous pancake recipe (from scratch of course!) and it was fantastic! I had three whole wheat pancakes, with light syrup, and a little bit of Earth Balance on top of the pancakes. I had a glass of milk, and two pieces of crispy bacon, too! What a satisfying dinner - perfect on a Sunday night.

Well, I'm going back to the Red Sox game.... I hope you have all had a great weekend, too. See you tomorrow!

No comments: