Friday, October 17, 2008

Meals on Thursday - and a great new Thai place!

Hi Everyone -

I apologize for being behind this week. But I am trying to fix the situation - last night Ben and I ventured out to the Chestnut Hill Mall to pay a visit to the Apple Store. The airport card in my iBook G4 hasn't worked in a year.... so the only place I can work on the blog is our office which is a pretty small room, cut off from the apartment and it is isolating being in there - so I haven't been keeping up with the blog as much as I want to. It's a long story, but they couldn't help us last night and Ben (the wonderful man that he is!) agreed to dedicate his lunch hour today to getting my computer fixed up! As I type he is meeting with someone at the Genius bar - fingers crossed that they might be able to help us out!! I love my iBook so much, even though it's over six years old. I do NOT want to get a new computer!

So, back to food. On Thursday morning I went back to my old faithful - oatmeal and a tablespoon of almond butter! I also added a plam-full of granola which really made breakfast substantial. I must have been out of practice in preparing the oatmeal - because I didn't end up putting enough water in the mix, and it was super thick. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until it was too late (and I was already back at my desk!). I did manage to eat most of the mixture, but I was too full to finish all of it. What an unattractive picture!







The one great thing about this breakfast was that it kept me full all morning - unlike Wednesday when I had the scone and then had to have an apple before lunch time!

For lunch Thursday, I did another turkey sandwich on the Great Harvest Honey Wheat bread. I had carrots to go along with it - and a lot of water. This kept me full until 2pm, when I snacked on the Goldfish crackers I had brought in, which I thought would have been part of lunch.


The spinach, mustard and turkey is a great combo. I was meaning to add hummus to the sandwich - but was running out of time this morning!




At 4pm this afternoon I had my Chobani vanilla yogurt, and it was the most amazing afternoon snack yet! It kept me full for hours!


I had the yogurt at 4pm and Ben and I didn't end up having dinner until 8 o'clock, and I was fine until we sat down with our dinner. What a great way to hold off the afternoon / post work munchies!


After work Ben and I went to the mall to see about fixing the computer. On our way over, we stopped in Newton Centre at Thai Thai Kitchen (19 Pelham Street, 617-527-0285, no website yet - sorry guys!). We picked up a menu on the way to the Apple Store and ordered just before we left and picked up the food on our way home.


We ordered fresh rolls with shrimp (fresh lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, mint leaves, rice noodles rolled in rice paper - not fried!! these things are my favorite!), Pad Thai with Tofu, and Pad Himmaphan with Chicken. This dish is sauteed chicken, mushrooms, onions, carrots, scallions, green and red peppers with cashew nuts. It was amazing! Everything we had last night was wonderful. Here is what my plate looked like:





OK, I'm signing off. More later! Hope everyone is having a great Friday.



No comments: