Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, all caught up!

I started off my Friday morning pretty exhausted! I decided to go to Bread & Chocolate for coffee and a blueberry muffin. It was a good breakfast, and was a great start to my Friday. I was happy to see Eunice when I went into the bakery - it was good to see her and catch up for a couple of minutes. I am not sure, but I think the blueberry muffins at B&C have cinnamon in them, which I love.



When I make blueberry muffins I always put cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in the mix! It really adds something to the muffins. I love the muffins at B&C because they aren't too BIG. They are the perfect size!

After breakfast, I was good to go until lunchtime
at 12:30. For lunch I had only some of the left-over Thai food from last night. I think I'll let Ben have the rest for lunch tomorrow! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

It was a great lunch, but I was sad that I didn't have an apple or something to munch on.

For my afternoon snack, again at 4 PM I had my Chobani blueberry yogurt. It did a good job of keeping me full for a couple more hours.


I thought I was going to be able to leave work at 4:30 and get to the gym before I was to meet up with Ben at 6pm. However, there were a few things that popped up at work around 4pm (doesn't that always happen on a Friday afternoon!?) and I didn't leave work until 5pm. That did not give me enough time to get to the gym before meeting up with Ben to hang out with some of his work friends. I did have enough time to swing by our house, say hello to Daisy and see how she was doing!

While I was at home, I gave in to my after work munchies.... ugh! But we had a small bag of Peanut M&Ms... As I ate the bag, I counted the number of M&Ms in the bag, and ther
e were 9. That's not too bad. It was a satisfying snack!



We met up with Ben's friends at a bar in JP after a beer and a game of darts, we were on our way. I convinced Ben to stop by JP Licks for some pumpkin ice cream - a true sign of fall in Boston! We took home a pint of ice cream for $5.75 - a pretty good deal when you consider that a small ice cream is $3! I had a little sample spoon of the pumpkin ice cream (and so did Ben) and I can't wait to have ice cream this weekend - yum!

Well, it's getting late so I'm going to sign off for now. I think I'll start this week's New Yorker. There is a great article about Joe Biden in this issue - I can't wait to read it.

I'll write more tomorrow! Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: