Saturday, October 18, 2008

What to do about eggs??

Happy Saturday everyone! I don't know about you, but I'm thrilled that the weekend is here. Right now it is 49 cool degrees in the Boston area. I love fall!! After this post, I'll be going for a walk outside and then Ben and I are going to an open gallery event in Downtown Boston. It is a beautiful day, and should be a lot of fun.

Ben was up and going early this morning. He was very excited about trying to get Phish tickets for their re-union tour which will be starting in Virginia in March 2009. We had a bunch of friends all trying to get a couple of tickets to any of the concerts for the first weekend (there are only three concerts up right now) and we all failed. So sad!! I wish we could have gotten the tickets for Ben and his friend Dwaine. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org They are pretty sad right now!

Ben went over to Bread & Chocolate this morning where he got both of us a coffee, and he got himself a "sticky bun". I was asleep still, so I didn't get a photo of his breakfast!Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Ben brought me back a scone for breakfast - but I had to pass, especially since I had two scones this week for breakfast and a blueberry muffin yesterday from B&C.

I was sort of in a dilemma - I was out of yogurt (I thought) and we didn't have any milk or egg whites. So, I was trying to think of what to have where I could get some protein, because I could tell that my body was craving a good dose of protein this morning. I was looking in the fridge, when I found some spinach and a green pepper. We had regular eggs, so I figured I would make a scramble with diced green pepper and spinach. After I was done chopping, I looked at the nutritional info for one egg. Wow - I had no idea that one egg would give me 71% of my daily cholesterol! Crazy!

Eggs are a definitely a controversial food - some people say you should eat the entire egg, because there are vitamins in the egg yolk. Personally, I usually eat egg whites. Today, I decided to use one whole egg and then one egg white to go into my spinach and green pepper mixture. I put the spinach and green pepper into my pan first, to give them some time to cook a little bit. Then I mixed up the full egg and egg white and added a pinch of onion powder, garlic powder and Emeril's essence mix. (NO salt because Emeril's spice has sodium in it all ready). After a couple of minutes, and the green pepper and spinach had time to heat up, I added the egg mixture. I didn't end up doing an omelet (because I'm horrible at them) and did more of a scramble.


I also had a piece of the honey wheat bread from Great Harvest with a little bit of Earth Balance on top and a small juice glass of orange juice. I put a little bit of TJ's jalapeƱo hot sauce, and a dab of ketchup. It was a very satisfying breakfast!
Right now Ben and I are hanging out in our loft (the third floor of the house we live in) and enjoying the sky lights.... oh, Daisy is also basking in the sun! She is definitely a solar power kitten. Hope you all are enjoying Saturday. I'll post more later.
Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

No comments: