Tuesday, October 7, 2008

one more catch up post

OK. One more posting for the night...
I apologize for the rambling, but I had some Sleepy Time Tea a while ago, and I think it's having an effect on me!

Tuesday was a crazy day! I had a doctor's appointment down in Rhode Island, so I drove home to my mom's on Monday night. I was able to sleep in a little bit this morning because the appointment was at 10am. I love having my annual physical in October because I always get my flu shot then! I did get one today, as usual. My arm is a bit soar now, but hopefully it'll be worth it and I'll remain healthy this winter!

I got good news while I was at the Doctor's. My blood pressure was "normal" at 100/70. Yay for working out and a fairly low sodium diet.

My food for the day was sort of off. I didn't have breakfast until 11am, when I had a small Macintosh apple (I love autumn for so many reasons, and one is definitely the local apples that are all around). At 2PM I had lunch - I was so happy to put off lunch for a while. For lunch I had made a great sandwich at my mom's house. I used two pieces of German dark wheat bread, and added two slices of Boar's Head turkey, roasted red pepper hummus and just a little bit of yellow mustard. The sandwich was divine!

On Monday and Tuesday I got to the gym right after work. On Monday I ran and walked 2.35 miles in 30 minutes. I then did 20 minutes of weights (calf, quads, bi-ceps and tri-ceps). On Tuesday I ran a mile in 10 minutes, did another round of weights and used the rowing machine for 15 minutes.... it brought me back to my days on the Crew team during college. If your gym has an ERG, I highly recommend giving it a try - it's a great work out!

Ben has been home sick with a horrible cold. After the gym today I ran to Whole Foods to get him some WF chicken soup - I'm glad I know of it now, glad mom and I had some over the weekend! I also stocked up on more Kashi crackers and yes, even more orange juice.

I've been eating my left overs of "at home Mexican" food for the past two days. I love left overs for Monday and Tuesday evenings. It makes the beginning of your week nights so much more manageable!

Ok, now I'm signing off. The Presidential Debate is nearly over - it's amazing how 90 minutes flies by!

See y'all tomorrow.

No comments: