Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wednesday stuff -

OK, I am so behind on my blog! It is really hard to update all the time, especially right now because my Airport Card is not working quite as well as it used to.... so I can't get the wireless in the living room... long story.

I had a super busy day on Wednesday at work... which is another reason I never got around to posting anything yesterday - working late, and was pretty pooped when I did get home! It was 10AM when I realized I hadn't even had breakfast yet!! Since I didn't have time to make something fantastic, I ended up having a great and pretty healthy snack -


the ZBar by Clif bar. They are a lot lower in calories (usually about 130 per bar) and fortified with vitamins and minerals, designed originally for kids - they are one of my favorite snacks when I'm on the run.

The bar is baked whole oats, there is no high fructose corn syrup, and is full of organic ingredients. If I had eaten the bar at 8am for breakfast, I definitely would have been hungry before lunch time - but because I had a late breakfast, I was totally fine until 12:15 lunch.

For lunch I had packed an almond butter and jam sandwich on whole grain bread.... But I had been freezing all morning in my office, so I had to add a small cup of soup to my lunch. I bought a cup of soup from the cafeteria at work - it was lintel soup on Wednesday and it was pretty good.


Because I was having the soup, I only had half of the sandwich I had brought with me.

After lunch I went for a 15 minute walk with my friend Becky, but we were caught in a thunder storm, and had to head back earlier than we wanted to.

At 2pm we had a birthday celebration for our friend Katherine, it was her birthday. One of my colleagues got an amazing cake at Carberry's Bakery. They're located on Prospect Street in Cambrige. The cake was amazing - I had a small piece, but didn't get a picture of it :(

I didn't end up going to the gym on Wednesday - even though I had really wanted to go to yoga that night. Instead, I took a break from the gym and started reading my new New Yorker that came in the mail yesterday. Ben and I also started watching the show Extras with our favorite, Ricky Jervais! We rented the first disc of the first season. Last night we watched the first two shows and they were great.

We had a weird dinner - sort of all over the place. I heated up the TJ's tomato soup, we made Morning Star "buffalo" wings, along with carrots and celery. Here's a warning to everyone - the Morning Star wings are H-O-T, oh my goodness! We were out of milk last night, so I was having a hard time with the wings. I let Ben eat most of mine. But here was my plate before I realized how hot they were! The little pieces of baggett did help a little bit with the temperature in my mouth after eating the hot spicey wings!

OK, well as I said this morning, I went to bed super early last night. I was sound asleep by 9:30. It's now past 11:30 on Thursday night and I'm going to have to head for bed soon!
Goodnight everyone!

No comments: