Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Monday Night Football - and a day of food


Hi Everyone:

I hope you all survived Monday! My morning started off a bit "off" as I waited for the commuter rail for an extra ten minutes, and over all the train was about 20 minutes late to South Station - which made me over 25 minutes late to work - not a great way to start off the week!

While I was on the train, I was starving. Thankfully I had a Zbar with me - so I ate that while on the train. When I got to work, I did not have the rest of my breakfast right away. But around 9:45 Monday morning, I fixed my TJ's blueberry oatmeal. It was quite good - and because I had the Zbar earlier in the morning, I didn't add anything to the oatmeal today. I was good until lunch at 1pm!

Lunch on Monday felt more like a picnic, which certainly was fun! I had done a pretty good job of packing my lunch, especially because did NOT pack the night before! I had carrots, Kashi crackers, roasted red pepper hummus, Chobani strawberry yogurt, an apple (which I ended up eating later in the day) and a slice of Great Harvest bread prepared with melted low fat string cheese. Between the Chobani, cheese and bread I had a good amount of protein and dairy. It was a fun lunch to eat!

I left work a little after 5PM to meet Ben, my sister and her roommate at South Station where we headed out to Foxboro for Monday Night Football. I was sort of hungry on the car ride. But I had packed a couple of snacks - the one I settled on was a handful of trail mix: raisin, almond, cashew and dark chocolate. It definitely kept me going!

At around 9pm I left my seat at Gillette in search of food / dinner. I walked around for quite a bit because I wanted to get something interesting - and there were a lot of "standard" choices. I ended up getting a burrito, that I shared with Ben.

The burrito had chicken, rice, a small amount of sour cream and cheese (I asked the lady to only add a small amount of both) and salsa. The result was a pretty good burrito - but it obviously didn't compare to Anna's! But I certainly enjoyed it.

We ended up leaving the game just a couple of minutes early... but it certainly did not help us in getting a head start on the traffic! We got to the car at about 11:35 and didn't get home until 2:45 in the morning!! I am so glad I had arranged to take the day off today!

Well, there is a recap on Monday! I'm heading to the gym now - but I will return to talk about food, etc. for today!

1 comment:

nikkiO said...

What is this Chobani yogurt? Am I totally missing out?