Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday's food...

This morning it was pretty hard to get out of bed. Ben was a sweetheart and made coffee for us and that was quite a treat! A lot of times I don't have coffee until I get to the office... so having it at home and for the drive was really nice.

I had another awesome batch of oats for breakfast this morning. I did not add almond butter this morning. I enjoyed the vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin spices. For some reason, I did not take a picture this morning. I think I was super hungry...?

Because I had such a blah night on Wednesday and I was so tired this morning, I did NOT pack a lunch today! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org Luckily there was an awesome sandwich in the caf today... I had a sandwich of oven roasted tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil on Ciabatta. The sandwich had a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, too which added just enough moisture and extra flavor. Thankfully I remembered to take a picture this time..! The sandwich was $4.50 and I did not mind paying it since I had not bought lunch in a while... it was a very nice treat.

Later in the afternoon I needed a snack. The first thing I had was a bartlett pear... Yet again, I did not take a picture of it - but here is a "file photo" (from www.bctree.com) and my pear looked very similar. It was soo nice and juicy, really fantastic.

At around 3:30 I was hungry (again!? seriously!?) but I was in luck. Before Ben's parents left on Wednesday afternoon, they went over to Bread & Chocolate and bought Ben and me amazing chocolate brownies!!! I did not know they had done this until I looked in the refrigerator this morning and saw a little white paper bag... which I always know means there is something from B&C inside. I took one brownie to work with me, and it made the perfect afternoon snackie.

I had half of the brownie, and gave the other half to my colleague Mara. I had never had one of the chocolate brownies from B&C - and of course it was amazing! It was soft and chewy, and over all perfect. Of course I could have eaten the entire thing, but thought better of it. It's always great to share a chocolate treat with a friend!

Tonight was my scheduled "break" from the gym. I was trying to take it easy because my ankle was still giving me some problems. I got home from work at 5 this afternoon and ran into the house and changed into my running clothes. It was supposed to be my day OFF from running! But I changed and ran out the door. I could not go for a long run at all, but I did run around my neighborhood for twenty minutes. I figured it was better than nothing. After the running, I walked around town for another 25 minutes. Fun times.

Ben was in charge of getting stuff to go with our eggplant parm leftovers. We had baby spinach salad with carrots, cucumbers and croutons along with a couple of slices of french bread with Earth Balance spread. It made for a really good dinner. (Oh, before I forget - remember the peanut and candy corn mix Ben makes? I had two hand fulls of that after my run / walk around town!) I heated the entire pyrex dish of eggplant parm in the oven for a while to heat everything up again. My eggplant serving looks large tonight, but that might be because I put the amount on a sandwich plate instead of a dinner plate...

OK, I just did three blog entries and I'm done for the night! I am so psyched that tomorrow is Friday!

No comments: