Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quick Thursday Re-Cap


Hi All -
Ok, in an effort to not be behind when I get up in the morning I will do a brief recap of Thursday! Today was the worst day this week for not being able to get out of bed. I wonder if it was because I didn't go to the gym on Wednesday.... hmm.

I actually got to eat breakfast at home for a change and that was really nice. I had the TJ's blueberry oatmeal again and added a teaspoon of almond butter again. I really think the AB is the key to getting through the morning without getting hungry. Adding the extra substance to the oatmeal really gets me to lunch without even a second thought.

I had a great lunch, but unfortunately forgot my camera at home today! But the non-photographic recap is:
1 piece of whole wheat bread
1 low fat string cheese
1/2 cup TJ's organic vanilla yoghurt
1/4 cup TJ's whole grain tripple berry granola
1 T ground flax seed
8 baby carrots

Thankfully we have a fully functioning toaster oven in the staff room at work. I toasted the bread, and then seperated the string cheese, and put that on the bread. I broiled it in the toaster oven for a few minutes until the cheese was melty. I actually didn't use all of the string cheese for lunch today. I mixed up the yoghurt, granola and flax into the container of yoghurt. All together it was a really satisfying lunch! At 3:30 in the afternoon I had a palm full of trail mix... The mix is from TJ's and it's almonds, chasews, rasins and dark chocolate.

I got to leave work around 5:30 today and was able to go straight to the gym. I ran for half an hour, and got 2.75 miles done. I didn't have time for weights today, but was glad I got the run in. I went to Whole Foods for a salad before heading home. The salad had egg whites & tuna for protein, lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, corn, and a little of both Israeli cous-cous and sesame noodles. Yum!

OK, signing off for now. Will be back tomorrow - I promise!

No comments: