Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday

by Heather


Hi Everyone - Happy Hump Day!


Unfortunately, I am having quite a crazy day! I forgot my wallet and my camera this morning.... so I can report on what I am eating, but no photos!

Ben and I ended up driving down to Providence last night because the concert Ben thought he had in Boston was actually in Providence - and the Boston concert is tomorrow night! By the time we figured all of this out, I only had time to throw together last week's New Yorker and my clothes for today... no time to think about what I was having for breakfast or lunch today.


Ben dropped me off at my mom's house and went off to the concert. I read my magazine and ended up having popcorn for a late dinner / snack... not very healthy! The good news is that the salmon sandwich kept me really full for several hours, thank goodness!





This morning I really lucked out. I felt like I was back in middle school again - because my mom packed my lunch for me! She packed a turkey sandwich, with lettuce, tomato and a special mustard. She also had a variety of Stoneyfield yogurts in the refrigerator, I picked out the fat free blueberry. The two items made up my lunch today.

For breakfast my mom packed a slice of her famous chocolate chip pumpkin bread... I will post the recipe as soon as I get it from her. You can make the recipe without chocolate chips - and it is just as good! I think mom started putting the chocolate chips in it when we were a little younger, and because we never had "treats" in the house - the bread was really special with the chocolate chips. I love her pumpkin bread with or without chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, etc. and it is also wonderful just plain!

Well, I guess that is all I have for now. Sorry there are no pictures - but the food today was pretty basic. Now I have to figure out how I am going to make it home from work without my subway pass - hopefully I will be able to borrow $2 from one of my friends.

See you all later. I think for dinner Ben and I are having whole wheat pasta, with a tomato meat (turkey!) sauce. Yum!

No comments: