Saturday, October 18, 2008

A lovely Saturday

I hope everyone is enjoying a nice Saturday evening. Ben and I had a busy day - and now we're at home watching the Red Sox game.

We left our house around 1:30 this afternoon and headed out to the Financial District of Boston. We took the T to South Station and then set off in search of the Fort Point open studios event. I'm really glad we did this. Fort Point is a community for local artists, and this weekend they are doing an open studios event. The event is also going on tomorrow, until 6pm so if you're in the area, I highly recommend it.

I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to get to the gym this morning - but it turned out to be ok, because we got a lot of walking in today! We walked around for four hours, so I feel like I got a good amount of movement in today.
Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

I'm glad that I had enough protein in my breakfast this morning, because I did not have anything to eat again until 4:30 this afternoon when I snacked on a MAC apple that I had stuck in my purse. I knew the afternoon would be long, and I needed to be prepared in case I got hungry.

Before we left the house I stuck an apple and a
ZBar (Clif Bar) in my purse. The apple was great, but a half hour later I needed to open the chocolate chip ZBar - thankfully Ben split it with me. Both snacks were great, and I was really glad to have them with me.

After a few hours of looking at the art work, we decided to walk from A Street / Congress St area to the Boston Commons. There we
bought movie tickets, and while we waited we decided to get a drink and a bite to eat at Teatro. Teatro is a really cool place in Boston, and convienetly located near the Theatre District. I was not famished, so decided to order something on the light side - I had an amazing squash soup with a dab of crème fraîche.

Even though Ben & I were eating at the Bar,
they brought us some bread, hummus and olive oil. The bread was piping hot when they served it - fantastic! I had a small amount of hummus on one small piece of bread, but mostly I used my portion of bread to eat with my soup. It was perfect!

Ben ordered a white pizza with red peppers and spinach. I had a small bite of one piece - and wow, was it spicy! (and great!) It also looked beautiful when they brought it out.

We ate at the bar and enjoyed a glass of wine for an hour before our movie started. It was a wonderful day in Boston (even if it was a bit chilly down by the water!) and we had a great day, with some great food.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend, too. Good night!

No comments: