Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday

Today was a pretty hectic morning in our house! I had to drive to work today, so that I could drop Daisy off at the vet. (she is being spay today!! but our wonderful vet called at 12:30 to let us know that she is out of surgery and that everything went very well - we get to pick her up tomorrow afternoon!) So I was running around, trying to pack lunch, get Daisy in her carrier (she totally knew something was up!) and with all of my self-imposed madness, I forgot to grab my morning coffee.
Thankfully things seemed to turn around. On my way to work from the Vet's, I saw a Dunkin' Donuts that had easy parking and was able to grab a spot and go in for a coffee. Thank goodness! I don't know if I would have survived the day without a little coffee!
Over all, breakfast was a little disappointing. I saw an everything bagel while I was at Dunkin' Donuts, and it was calling my name. But I decided to be good and stick with my morning plan... which was oatmeal and almond butter. Unfortunately, I was trying a rather new oatmeal from TJ's and I did not like it at all. I will have to report back later today to let you know which oatmeal it was.... will have to check the box to be sure. But it was so dissapointing!






Thankfully the oatmeal kept me full until lunch. What I had packed for my mid-day meal was so much better than breakfast! I had some baby carrots, roasted red pepper hummus and a salmon salad sandwich on Arnold's high fiber bread - and a few Kashi crackers. YUM.


Lunch was fantastic and really filling. I am wondering if I will even need my Chobani yogurt for an afternoon snack.
I hope you are all having a great day and I will post more later about dinner, etc.
Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: