Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday - still sick

Hey guys -

Sorry I've been away from the blog for so many days. Ben & I spent the weekend in the Catskills - amazing weekend! However, our hotel did not have free internet - and when we tried to pay $10 a day for access, that didn't work either - frustrating!

So, as usual I am horribly behind! So in an effort to catch up, I'm going to recap TODAY!

For breakfast I deviated from the normal "oatmeal plus" meal. Instead, as I was rushing out the door I grabbed a cinnamon scone that Lauren and Jay gave out at the wedding as favors. It was fantastic - what a great breakfast after a long weekend!

I still have my cold, which is annoying. I'm definitely on the mend, but still not 100% yet. I went out around lunch time in search of a decent lunch, that might be able to help me feel better. I settled on Pressed and got a cup of turkey chili which was spicy, warm, and satisfying.

As for exercise, it was one of those days when I had to walk a lot, and add up the time to feel like I had any exercise at all. So, I took the train, definitely had some good steps getting to work this morning. At lunch time I walked around for 15 minutes. After work I walked 20 minutes to South Station and had my walk home from the train. Once I got home, I grabbed my two "green bags" and walked to Whole Foods for my lunch groceries for the week. That was another 20 minute walk. So, I guess I got an hour walk in today :) I figured that my fellow gym goers might not be pleased to see me at Boston Sports Club today, since I still have a cough and the sniffles. I'm not going to make anyone get a cold, but I would look rather disgusting running on the treadmill today, so I decided to walk around outside and make less people feel uncomfortable!

At lunch I had my chobani blueberry yogurt, along with the chili. At 4pm I had an afternoon snack - a piece of whole wheat bread, jam and a tablespoon of almond butter. Yum. For dinner I made a small salad at Whole Foods.... lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, tofu and hard-boiled egg whites. Tonight while watching the Biggest Loser, I snacked on low-fat popcorn and a glass of orange juice!

Ok, I'm glad to get one post out of the way. For some reason my photos wouldn't load tonight - I'll try it again tomorrow!!

Until then, my friends!

No comments: