Friday, October 10, 2008

Thursday

Hi Everyone –
It’s Friday, and I haven’t had a post in a few days. I think I mentioned on Tuesday that Ben has been sick most of the week. He ended up staying home from work on Wednesday, and the school had “fall weekend” and there was no class (or work) on Thursday and Friday of this week. He is feeling a lot better today, but Thursday he was still sick.

I started feeling the cold coming on Thursday morning when I woke up. I went to work that day, getting to the office a little later than normal (9:30 instead of my normal 8am arrival). I think the extra hour of sleep really helped me get through the day though. For Thursday morning’s breakfast I had what has become my “usual” breakfast of the Trader Joe’s heart healthy blueberry oatmeal. The only change up was that instead of adding a half a banana and tablespoon of almond or peanut butter, I added a table spoon of Kashi’s vanilla soy protein powder. I usually use the protein powder for a drink or smoothie, but today I decided to add it to the hot oatmeal… it definitely added some bulk, and kept me full until lunch at 12:30 that afternoon.

For my lunch on Thursday, I enjoyed my first strawberry Chobani yoghurt. It was just as good as the blueberry – a great addition to my usual lunch routine. Along with the Greek yoghurt, I had two tablespoons of TJ’s garlic hummus, eight baby carrots and ten kashi whole wheat crackers. After lunch I went on a twenty minute walk with my colleagues. It was a beautiful fall day in Boston, and we loved every moment of being outside!

At 3pm I had my afternoon snack – a wonderful Lärabar. It was a much needed snack as I was in the middle of a huge annual project and I was in much need of a pick me up! Today’s bar was peanut butter cookie. It has a few more calories than some of the other Lärabar’s but well worth it. Because it’s a very natural food, and there is fat in the bar, it keeps you full for a very long time.

Before I knew it, I was on the train heading home for the day. I had only gone through a handful of Puff’s Plus tissues and a couple of cough drops that I had to get from my friend Katherine (thanks!). Once I got off the train, I went right to CVS to get more tissues and two packages of Ricola cough drops. Right now I am enjoying a Cherry Honey drop. It definitely helps the oh so soar throat, ugh. Ricola drops are definitely my favorite cough drops out there - to read more about them, go here.

Because I was not feeling well, and Ben was still severely under the weather, I decided to order a cheese pizza and a garden salad for dinner. I always make sure to order a garden salad from our local pizzeria when we have pizza for dinner. It helps me eat less cheese and carbs from the pizza. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org On Thursday night I gave a 1/3 of the salad to Ben, ate the rest of the salad and two pieces of pizza.

For Grey’s Ben and I snacked on light popcorn and seltzer! We both thought this week’s episode was pretty good.

1 comment:

Rob said...

If you like Lara, you might also like Kardea….7g protein, 7g fiber, 150 calories, great flavor and aroma, vegetarian and no dairy ingredients, 2 are vegan. If you would like a sample, email us at customerservice@kardeanutrition.com.