Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday, getting back to normal!

Hi Everyone:

Happy to report that I am starting to feel better today! I'm getting back to normal - eating wise, etc.

This morning I had the last scone from Lauren & Jay... I was going to have my healthy oatmeal, but Ben had a breakfast meeting so he wasn't going to eat the scone - and I didn't want to waste it. Today's scone was a raisin one, and it was wonderful!





I guess my breakfast wasn't quite as British as it could have been, seeing as though I had a cup of coffee with milk instead of tea! Still, it was a good breakfast at 8am this morning.


At 11:15 this morning I was starving, so I decided to have my Macintosh apple as a mid-morning snack. It was pretty filling and got me to lunch which was at 12:40. At 12:10 Katherine, Becky and I went for a half hour walk out in the sun. It was a great day for a walk - glad we got it done.
After our walk I ate lunch at my desk - it was a great turkey sandwich with baby spinach and yellow mustard. Yesterday after work I ran to our local Great Harvest to get a loaf of bread for the week. The only option I had this late in the day was the honey whole wheat - the man working let me try a piece of the bread before I bought my loaf... It was so nice to try a piece of the bread (especially since I was starving just getting off the train!) I was pleasantly surprised that the bread was not too sweet and I could just taste a very tiny touch of honey in the bread. I'm glad I bought a loaf - it made a great sandwich today!

The other reason the sandwich was so good is due to the turkey I used to make it! I walked to Whole Foods last night, where I found that they have a natural "deli" turkey that has no added sodium, no nitrates (thank goodness!) and no other preservatives. The turkey tasted fantastic - like an early Thanksgiving! It was a great sandwich. I had some cheddar goldfish crackers on the side!

Ok, lunch time is over. Back to work! See you all in a bit!

No comments: