Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wednesday Night

Hi Everyone -

I had to let you all know about the dinner I made last night. It was a pretty basic thing, but for some reason it was just sooo good! I decided to make whole wheat pasta (penne) and for the sauce, I browned up a pound of ground turkey, drained it and then mixed in a jar of TJ's tomato sauce. It was what I was craving, and it was pretty darn good! Ben had seconds - which is always a good sign that the meal went over well.
On Wednesday night I was exhausted. I ended up going to sleep really early, and unfortunately did not make it to the gym. Ugh. At least dinner was a success! The turkey was just great with the tomato sauce (which had mushrooms and peppers in it already). While I was cooking up the turkey, I added garlic powder, onion powder (both sodium free!) as well as oregano and basil. It helped flavor things up just a bit! The turkey was really lean at 93 / 7 ratio (the best I could find at the store that day!) but I still drained the meat in a strainer when it was done cooking - before I added the tomato sauce. Other than that, it was a simple and quick dinner!

No comments: