Friday, October 24, 2008

Food for Thought

Happy Friday!

I will have a more in depth catch up during lunch... but wanted to give you all some food for thought.

Recently I have happened upon a few articles that I thought might be interesting to everyone.

The first article came from my weekly Health Magazine e-mail update. It was a fun and fast article / slide show about the ten best foods for your heart. Everyone should know that these foods are great for you - and you should do your best to incorporate them into your diet. A couple of the foods on the list are: salmon, spinach, soy, oatmeal....

Check out the entire Health article here. See what heart healthy foods you eat on a regular basis and try to add at least one more to your diet!

The second interesting item was a post from one of the blogs I follow:Je Mange la Ville. The blog had a recent post with a recipe from Julia Child for French Onion Soup -one of my all time favorite cold weather meals!! It is not uber healthy, but it would certainly be a treat to make... I am definitely going to try to make the recipe soon. Click here for the full recipe (along with amazing photos!)

The final item that I thought was worth sharing is a recipe I came across yesterday in the New York Times (still my all time favorite publication!). It is a recipe for Potato and Leek Gratin with Cumin. Get the full recipe and write up (all of the information about why this is a healthy dish for you!) here. ENJOY!

OK - hope everyone is enjoying Friday morning. Let the count down to the weekend begin!

1 comment:

nikkiO said...

I printed the leek recipe and another for a goat cheese potato salad! Yum!