Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday - leftovers, fruit and a rainbow!

Hi Everyone -
Hope you are managing to stay warm! They are calling for snow in Boston tonight and tomorrow - SNOW!? It was almost 70 yesterday... what a sudden change.

Food was definitely not all that interesting today. I broke down and bought an everything bagel at Au Bon Pain...! It was so fresh and delicious, so perhaps worth it! I brought a bit of my own Earth Balance to work, so I would not have to use butter. (Much less saturated fat in EB!) I also had a wonderfully perfect coffee with 2% milk from ABP this morning.

Lunch was my left over tofu pad thai. After having the left overs, I do not think I will be having pad thai again for a while! I definitely filled myself on it.

I also bought some fruit at ABP in the morning to have with lunch, because I really wanted either fruit or veggies today, since I did not have time to bring them from home. Unfortunately, they did not have veggies out early in the morning, but the fruit was nice. Grapes, cantalope, orange and grapefruit slices.

At around 3pm I needed an afternoon snack. I had a peanut butter cookie Lärabar, which was very good. One thing I love about Lärabars is that they keep me so very full for such a long time!



At 4:45 I left work, and took my walk to the train station. It is somewhere between 1.1 - 1.2 miles to South Station from my office. Today I did the walk in about 20 minutes. While I was arriving at South Station, I looked up at the sky and saw an amazing rainbow!

It was such a nice sight to see on my walk to the train.

I got home at 5:45, to a warm house that smelled amazing! Ben's mom had been cooking and baking most of the day. She made a lovely veggie stew for us for dinner. (Well, it was really a beef stew, but I had the broth and the veggies mostly!) We had great french rolls along with the stew, and fruit. Ben's mom sliced up pears (that I bought from Wilson Farms - they were amazing!) and apples to go on the side. They really were great with the stew.

Ben's mom also made chocolate chip cookies for dessert. But somehow I am still full from dinner (and it's 8:45 already - I'm usually always hungry by now!) we shall see if I can have a cookie in a little while.

My only exercise was the walk to the train, and my walking around during work. But I guess the afternoon walk to South Station was better than nothing! Hopefully tomorrow I will be back at the gym.

I hope you are all having a great night!

No comments: