Friday, October 17, 2008

Wed. Continued!

Hi All -


A quick couple of posts to catch up.


Wednesday after work, I took the train home and immediately started getting ready for the gym. I was finally feeling well enough to go! I was definitely hungry, but instead of having a snack, I settled on a glass of skim milk with 1 teaspoon of Hershey's chocolate syrup. I wish that I liked the taste of milk, but I really don't. So I do allow myself to add a small amount of chocolate, so I can get the protein and calcium from milk, instead of avoiding it all together. It's worth it! Milk fills me up and keeps me going for a while. Much better than munching on crackers or chips (which is what I would want to do after a long day at work!! Thankfully we don't have "chips" in the house!)






After Ben got home from working late, we headed off to Boston Sports Club. Once we finally got a parking spot at the gym, our work out was pretty good. I did the elliptical machine for 25 minutes and weights for 15 minutes. I would have liked to stay at the gym a little bit longer, but I was still not feeling 100% so I didn't want to push myself too hard. I'm glad that I got back into the routine though!

For dinner I made whole wheat pasta and baked chicken (from Trader Joe's - more on this amazing chicken later - I love it!!). However, half way through my dinner prep I started not feeling well, at all. My stomach was very upset, and Ben had to take over getting dinner ready for a while. Because of the upset stomach, I didn't have tomato sauce or any veggies with dinner. Instead I had the whole wheat pasta (with Earth Balance and garlic mixed in, yum!), a piece of the chicken with a sprinkle of TJ's light Mexican cheese melted on top, and a piece of the Great Harvest honey whole wheat bread. What a bland dinner! But it did the trick, because my stomach did start feeling better. Sorry for the boring picture - but that's what dinner looked like!




Wednesday was also debate night. So as the debate started, I settled in with some raspberry sorbet that Ben had picked up for me while I was down in the dumps with the cold. I had half a cup in this awesome little white dish (which is perfect for portion control for ice cream, sorbet, etc!) For some reason, I fell asleep at 9:35 and didn't wake up again until 11pm! The debate was well over by then. Thankfully we TiVoed the whole thing - so I'll have to watch it this weekend! The sorbet really hit the spot.... yum!


OK, well that's a wrap up of Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a great week. More later!


No comments: