Sunday, November 2, 2008

Saturday Re-cap: Lululemon!

Hi All -

Wow, it is Sunday evening and I cannot believe the weekend is over. It was sort of an up and down weekend. It was super busy, and I am still trying to get more things done now.

Saturday started out well. I woke up pretty early and started the day off on a good foot. I made an egg white omelet and a piece of Arnold's high fiber bread and consumed a couple of cups of coffee. Ben and I went for a nice walk around the neighborhood. It was pretty warm out - around 60 degrees (not bad for November 1st!).

We then took my Volkswagen to the car wash and after that went to the New Balance Outlet in Brighton. Ben got a new pair of his favorite sneakers and I did not find anything that fit my feet well. I have been wearing Sacony running shoes lately.... after ten years of wearing Asics. I still wear my Asics for walking around, and I still love Asics - but after so many years, it was time for my feet to change into a new shoe for running.

On our way back we stopped at the grocery store and I scanned my way through a succuessful shopping trip. I am really excited to try the new Rachel's Yogurt I found. I had read about this stuff on one of the other blogs (I think it was Jenna's - but it was such a long time ago, I can't be positive). The two flavors I could find at the market were Calm: Plum Honey Lavender and Relax: Vanilla Chai . I can't wait to try both of them - and I'll report back when I do. But don't the flavors sound just lovely?? I am so glad (and surprised!) I found them at Stop & Shop!

A few of the other cool things I picked up at the store are:

Arnold's Multigrain Sandwich Thins.
Chobani Strawberry non-fat greek yogurt
Boar's Head buffalo chicken
Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk
Kashi Vive cereal
Sargento pepper jack cheese
Snyder's of Hanover Multigrain Chips (French Onion)
Raisins
Carrots
Spinach
Cucumber

Soon after we got home from the market, I had to start getting ready for our evening downtown. We had decided to go to the Pru for some shopping.... We first went to a sports bar at Copley so we could enjoy the Iowa football game - unfortunately, they ended up losing to Illinois. Ugh.

We were both especially excited to go to the grand opening of lululemon! It was the store's grand opening weekend at the Prudential Mall. We got to the store after the football game, just in time for cupcakes and coco! We ran out of time at the store, so I have to go back soon to find myself a new pair of yoga pants... I can't wait! I did get a new top for running, and a couple of other things. Lululemon is a super fun store to shop in - I am glad we have one at the Pru now! Oh - and by the way, the cupcakes at Lululemon were tiny and amazing! I had a vanilla cupcake when I first went into the store, and when I left with my purchase, I saw a red velvet cupcake and could not resist it! They were both amazing. Yum.

Ben and I then went to Logan airport to pick up Ben's cousin Lara. She was returning from a two month internship in Washington, DC. It is great to have her back in Boston! We picked her up, and took her back to her new apartment. Soon enough we realized that it was 8:30, and none of us had eaten dinner! We decided to order from Cafe Nicholas. We decided to order a medium Margherita pizza, a garden salad and mozzorella sticks!! I cannot remember the last time I had a mozzorella stick - but I have to say, they were sooo good! The pizza was amazing - with a lot of fresh basil and great mozzorella cheese. We also enjoyed a glass of pinot noir, that went really well with our dinner. I also drank three glasses of water - because I had been really slacking on my water in take for the entire day, and it was catching up with me.

It was a late night, and Ben and I ended up getting home around 1AM - and then we realized it was the end of Daylight Saving Time - and it was really just midnight.... We were still exhausted though!

No comments: