Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday in Dobbs

Sunday, Sunday. The sun is out and it is just beautiful outside today! Quite a change from yesterday's rain and dreary skies.

Ben and I woke up around 9:00 this morning. I was able to get Ben to go for a walk with me around the neighborhood - and we walked for about forty minutes. It was a great walk, it was cool and sunny - and the leaves still looked wonderful. We saw a few Japanese Maple trees on our walk, which are some of my favorite trees. There are a lot of hills in town, which Ben and I definitely walked up our share of this morning! I could feel my legs getting a good work out.

After our walk we took Lara to one of our favorite local hang outs - The Dobbs Diner. Yum. It was definitely loud this morning with a lot of families with young kids. We didn't do much talking, but we did a good amount of eating Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org.

I ordered an egg white omelet with broccoli and cheddar cheese. I asked the kitchen to go light on the cheddar cheese - and the result was near perfection! I also had a side of whole wheat toast and turkey bacon. Oh - and the omelet came with home fries which I ate a bit of. Everything was fantastic.

It is 2:30 in the afternoon now, and breakfast is still holding me over!

I'm going to sign off for now to enjoy the last hour or two in Dobbs. I hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!

No comments: