Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday, Nov. 2

Today is Sunday.
Normally, I love Sundays. Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week. My political shows are on, The Sunday New York Times is for sale, I can run outside during daylight, and it's overall a relaxing day.

However, this Sunday was a crazy day as we were volunteering to "Get out the Vote" in New Hampshire. During this really long day, I hate to say food was not my #1 priority. I had a free bagel in the morning (plain - no butter, no cream cheese - just a grab and go!), and ended the day with a McDonald's cheeseburger and a few french fries (ugh). Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org After a long day of walking around in neighborhoods, the burger did taste pretty good!

By the time we were back home, I was ready to get the eating back on track. For dinner, I had another bowl of the Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup. This time I added a small handfull of low fat mozzarella cheese, and ate the soup with a slice of the Arnold's high fiber bread.

An hour later, Ben made Annie's mac & cheese, and I had a small bit of that as well.

After getting back from our day trip to New Hampshire, we were sort of productive. Ben took the air conditioner out of our bedroom window - which might let our room be a little warmer to sleep in tonight! I did two loads of laundry, so I can start off the week on a good note. I had to dig around a lot in my clothes to find my running socks.... I had managed to lose almost all of them. I am so excited that I found (and washed!) all of the socks. I am ready to hit the gym after work tomorrow - I need my gym time tomorrow!

For a quick FYI about running socks! If you have problems with blisters (which I do) here is one simple way to remidy the situation... never wear cotton socks when you run! I have about ten pairs of my special running socks that are made of CoolMax material. They keep your feet dry, and usually blister free. I also love socks that are seamless when I am running. I'm very picky when it comes to my socks and running shoes!

OK, well it's 9pm and it would normally feel like 10pm with the clocks going back last night. But after our day - it feels more like 1 AM and I'm heading for bed shortly! I cannot wait to get back on track with eating and exercise tomorrow!

No comments: