Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Morning

HI All-

I have to apologize for not keeping up with the blog this week. I've been so exhausted after the election... On Wednesday I went to sleep at 7:45 and did not even have dinner!

But to recap Wednesday's food: I had another bowl of organic oats, this time with pumpkin butter and a spoonful of Teddy's peanut butter (wow, I had forgotten how good that stuff is!) and that kept me full until lunch time. For lunch I had another Arnold's sandwich thin with Buffalo Chicken, hummus, mustard and spinach (noticing a trend for the week?) and a snack baggie of 20 goldfish crackers. My Wednesday afternoon snack was a small piece of German Chocolate cake - yum! On Wednesday after lunch, I took a twenty minute walk - and it was leisurely. While I didn't get my heart rate up too much, it was still nice to be outside and getting some fresh air!

Thursday's breakfast was exciting! I had Kashi Vive cereal for the first time! I had a bowl of that with 1% dairy milk. The cereal was great, I can't wait to have it again. It has lots of fiber and protein (and even more when you have it with milk!) I loved it. The cereal has a vanilla and graham cracker flavor to it.

I was barely hungry at 12:15 when it was time for lunch - but once I started preparing my sandwich I realized that I was ready for lunch. I didn't mix things up too much, but just enough to not get sick of my sandwich.... I had the last of the buffalo chicken on an Arnold's sandwich thin... but this time I took advantage of the toaster oven. I toasted the bread, with one slice of Sargento's pepper jack cheese - just enough so that the cheese got melty. Then I put the chicken and spinach on the sandwich and enjoyed. It was super good! I also had cheddar goldfish (shocking!) My afternoon snack was a strawberry Chobani yogurt. And then I enjoyed a "fun size" 1000 Grand candy bar. I realize that I shouldn't have, but it was really good and it certainly hit the spot after a long day at work.

The other thing about yesterday is that even though I had taken the time to pack my gym bag, I wasn't able to get to the gym. We were having car trouble yesterday, and I had to be available to pick Ben up from work if our car was not working.... So, it was not the best time to go to the gym right after work. Thankfully he did get home without a problem.

After work I had a snack of garlic hummus and whole grain baked chips. There weren't very many chips left in the bag (left over from election night!) thank goodness! We did end up ordering pizza (since it was Thursday night!) - we ended up getting pepperoni and green pepper. What a good combo. I had three slices and a glass of light vanilla soy milk for dinner.

Well - it is Friday morning - yay! I am really excited for the weekend to get here. Ben, Lara and I are going down to New York to see family this weekend. It should be a lot of fun, and relaxing.

Hopefully I will be able to update one more time before we hit the road.
Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: