Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Oatmeal

Hi Everyone!

I am happy to report that my camera charger finally arrived. I have no idea why it took Amazon nearly two weeks to get my order to me. Slightly annoying!

So this morning I decided to change the oatmeal around a little bit. The jury is still out on this new invention - but I think it's because I was not exactly sure about the correct proportions.

So, today I made the oatmeal with a cup of Silk light soy milk, a half cup of oats and a 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin. Once it was all cooked up I added a spoonful of Teddy Peanut butter and a couple of dashes of cinnamon. The oatmeal was really thick - due to adding the pumpkin I think.... so I had to add a little more milk, and things went down from there. It tasted good - and it was super filling - I couldn't finish the bowl!

Along with the oatmeal I'm having a strong cup of coffee. I'm very happy to have my camera working again!


Today I will be running a couple of errands and trying to pick up the house a bit. It's been a long week on my own, but Ben is coming home tomorrow - yay!

So here is more of an update of what I have been up to. Yesterday I stopped by Lululemon to pick up my new running pants. They were being tailored for me this week. I am so in love with my new running pants!! I took them to the gym and ran 2 1/2 miles and it was great. I wish I could have run outside last night - but the sun set around 4:30 and it was pitch black and COLD when I got home.

Why is it so cold right now in Boston?? Today with the wind chill they are saying it feels like 9 degrees outside. I hate it! I love winter weather - but this is freezing for November. It's not even Thanksgiving yet!

So, I ran inside at the gym last night and then did some weight training for 20 minute (mostly lower body).

After the gym I stopped by Trader Joes where I picked up tofu, stuffing (for Thanksgiving!) canned pumpkin, milk, and some ZBars for snacks. I realized this week that I was out of Zbars - I had to re-stock!

Last night for dinner I had the rest of the awesome Whole Foods chicken, veggie and rice soup with a good helping of fresh ground pepper and garlic powder. Yum. I also had an Iggy's sour dough roll with a little bit of EarthBalance. A bit after dinner, I had another Kozy Shack rice pudding. Perfect!

So, enjoy the weekend. I will be back from time to time to post now that I am "back on line". Stay warm everyone!!!

No comments: