Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday food recap -

Hi everyone:

Wow, this has been a pretty fast week - and having Tuesday off was a huge help in this!

So, this morning I had another bowl of oats. It was really fantastic, actually. I re-hydrated the oats I made on Tuesday with a small amount of 1% milk, and warmed it up in the microwave for 1 minute and thirty seconds. Then I added the toppings I had put together at home this morning... one spoonful of Teddy Peanut Butter, one spoonful of pumpkin butter, a palmful of granola, raisins, and a sprinkle of flax seed. Sound familiar? I know. How boring! But it kept me full all morning. I didn't end up eating lunch until 1:30 this afternoon!


I went for a half hour walk with my friend Becky at lunch time. It was a really nice day out and we actually were warm in our winter-ish clothes. It was sort of a nice surprise. We had a great walk, and it was wonderful to be out in the sun for half an hour, especially now that it is dark by the time we leave work these days.

As I said, I did not end up having lunch until 1:30 this morning. Lunch was good and filling. Here is what I enjoyed:
sandwich with Arnold's whole wheat sandwich thins
3 slices of Boar's Head chicken
1/2 cup spinach
1 t. mustard
1/2 t. miracle whip
Carrots
Whole wheat - honey pretzel sticks
Water



I had an afternoon meeting which was very interesting, and by the time it was over it was 3:45 in the afternoon already! I quickly enjoyed a few grapes that I had brought with me for my afternoon snack - and of course I forgot to take a picture of them!! I only had an hour left of work. I had to leave when my 8 1/2 work day was over because I needed to drop off my car (again) at our mechanic. Fun! But it was another nice walk from the mechanic's to our house.

When I got home it was time to get ready for the gym. I was waiting for Ben to get home, so decided to start the work out early. I did an ab work out for 20 minutes and then did some push ups. After that I was ready for a pre-gym snack. I had a piece of Arnold's healthy multigrain bread, and a small spread of Teddy peanut butter. (Yes, I can't get enough of it)



Ben got home soon after I finished my snack and we were off to the gym. We did weights together for the first twenty minutes and then split up for our cardio. I walked, ran and jogged on the treadmill for 25 minutes and Ben hit the bike. It was a good work out. With the walk at lunch, the abs and the gym, I felt like I had a good exercise day for the books!

When we got home Ben took over in the kitchen. I'll have to post the pics tomorrow because I am done blogging for tonight.

So long everyone! Hope you are all enjoying Wednesday evening.

No comments: