Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday

Hi All -

Today was a nice day off from work. I accomplished quite a bit. I was able to sleep in until 9:15 this morning which was nice.

I got up, watched CNN, made oatmeal and coffee and eventually got out the door for a nice walk. My oatmeal was nice this morning. I made it with soy milk instead of water, which made it creamy. I added pumpkin butter, a spoonful of Teddy peanut butter, ground flax seed, and a palmful of granola to add some crunch. I ate at the oatmeal around 10am and did not have another thing to eat until 4pm!! That was quite a long stretch of no hunger. Very unusual for me.
I met Ben in Newton Centre for an early lunch.... but unfortunately, I only sat with him because I was not hungry at all when we met up! We went to PIE right in the middle of Newton Centre. Ben had a mac & cheese pie and I had a couple of bites. The consistency of the pie was amazing. I have no idea why I didn't actually take a picture of it.
But I did take a photo of the Nantucket Nectar juice I enjoyed while sitting with Ben. It was a pom / pear mix. I had one serving of the juice (there are always two per bottle) and Ben had the rest of it.

As I said, I had lunch around 4 this afternoon. That was such a strange time to eat, and it's sort of messing me up for the rest of the night. After meeting up with Ben I walked around and shopped for four hours! It was great to get so much walking in. Once I was home, I had quite a few bags. Two of them were from the grocery store, one was from Crate and Barrel, one from Sephora (gift cards for friends - no make up for me!), a bag from City Sports, and the last was from the Container Store (with my 2009 Filofax refill!) - but I didn't need a bag just for that, so it was lumped in with my City Sports stuff.

For lunch I had a sandwich on Arnolds sandwich thins. It was yet again, Buffalo Chicken by Boars Head. Yum. More spinach, one slice of Sargento pepper jack cheese, and yellow mustard. I had some baby carrots (the normal carrots looked really bad at the grocery store today) and some goldfish crackers.
I have been really feeling uninspired lately, and was struggling to come up with an interesting lunch. Sorry everyone. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Ben came home after work with some great things from Whole Foods. He had two Pomegranates, some kiwi fruits, and a whole wheat baggett. We had a lot of fun preparing the pom - but here is a hint. When you are preparing a pomegranate, do not wear your good clothes! We definitely stained our shirts a little bit today! Oh well, it was a lot of fun. Here is the end result:
We also enjoyed some of the baggett with garlic hummus.
I have not had anything officially for dinner yet. I am not sure if I will be having anything else, but will report if I do!

No comments: