Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A case of the Mondays

Hi Everyone:

Sorry I did not get around to posting yesterday. I had a severe case of The Mondays. But, I wanted to let you all know about how the day went - and I will post the pictures later today.

For breakfast I had a bowl of Enviro Kids Organic Peanut Butter Puffs, with a banana and soy milk. It was a really good cereal and it kept me full until lunch. I was a little hungry before Noon yesterday - but I chalked that up to Daylight Saving Time ending on Sunday. At noon it really felt like 1pm to me, and that equals a late lunch!

For lunch I had a pretty awesome sandwich. I had Boar's head buffalo chicken on an Arnold's Whole Wheat sandwich thin (only 100 calories!) with garlic hummus, mustard and half a cup of baby spinach. Yum! I also splurged and consumed an amazing bag of homemade / natural potato chips - Route 11 Sour Cream and Chive flavor. Wow, were they good!

My afternoon snack was a new flavor of Chobani - Peach! It's not new to the market, but it was the first time I tried it. It was great!

After work, I went to the gym. I did the ET for 31 minutes with a high resistance (between 7 - 13 the entire time). After the cardio, I did a quick round of weights for 15 minutes. I concentrated on my legs for this session.

After the gym, I went to Trader Joe's for what was supposed to be a quick and small shop to get some supplies for our election party tonight! However, I ended up spending $45 and got a great selection of stuff!

For dinner I made TJ's pot stickers, steamed broccoli and brown rice. Dinner was sooo good, we ate around 8pm and I was starving! Everything on my plate worked really well together - a great combo!

Around 9pm I finally satisfied the ice cream craving I had been suffering from for days. I had two scoops of Breyers vanilla bean with light chocolate syrup on top! It was perfect.

Ok, that was a quick re-cap of yesterday's food.

1 comment:

nikkiO said...

We had a super fibrous buffet of delishisness last night too!
And followed it up with some choc chip cookie dough B&J w/Hershey's Syrup and strawberries! So tired but happy!

Glad to hear you switched to garlic hummus. Need to change it from the foul red pepper beasty hummus! Ha! ; )