Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday errands, tuna and tofu!

Hi All -

Wow was it cold yesterday!! I had a few errands to run, and it was just so cold. Today is supposed to be a few degrees warmer - thank goodness! The other great thing about today is that Ben is coming home!!

Yesterday after the oatmeal, I went to Natick to Bed Bath and Beyond to finally get a toaster oven. I have been wanting a toaster oven for two years (since I moved out of my apartment with Rachel - since we had one there!) so yesterday I picked up a new Cuisinart toaster oven! I can't wait to use it.

After getting the toaster oven and a couple of other things at Bed Bath & Beyond, I went to Petco to pick up some things for Daisy. (dry food, wet food, kitty litter, fun stuff!)

On my way home I stopped by Brueggers which is a pretty good bagel shop. It doesn't compare to H&H Bagels, but for Boston it's a great bagel option. My sister and I just love the Bruegger's tuna sandwich on a bagel - and that is what I got for lunch yesterday. I had cucumbers, tomato, and sprouts on the sandwich on a just baked everything bagel!! It was sooo good. It had been about two years since I had a tuna sandwich from Brueggers and I was so excited to enjoy it!


Needless to say, the sandwich did not let me down. The picture is just of half the sandwich because I ate the first half before I could even get the camera out to take the lunch pictures!! Oops!

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading a fun book by Kristin Gore... Sammy's House. It has been such a fun read for me (as a poli-sci major) and a great follow up to her first book (Sammy's Hill). After reading for a while, I decided to watch some of Season 3 of the West Wing. In particular I was searching out episodes where Mary Louise Parker's character of Amy Gardner was featured. Her character was definitely my favorite on the series. Why could not she have ended up with Josh!?

For dinner I decided to do a semi-stir fry. I cut up a piece of Trader Joe's teriyaki tofu and a cup of broccoli. Since the tofu was already seasoned, I didn't want to add much more to it (and I didn't want to add much more sodium!) but I added a splash of lite soy sauce and a splash of rice wine vinegar mostly to add some flavor to the broccoli. The end result was divine! I also had a side of cold sesame noodles which were fantastic.



A bit later in the evening I made popcorn - but I forgot to take a picture. I assure you it was not that interesting at all.

That is a re-cap of yesterday's food. Even though I had three really good meals, I have to say that I have been feeling uninspired lately. I am going to have to figure something interesting for lunch today and for Monday and Tuesday. I find it challenging to figure these sorts of things out around Thanksgiving - because I do everything in my power to avoid the grocery stores!

More later. Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday morning!

No comments: