Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday evening

I made it to the gym tonight. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, burning 275 calories. I did interval training tonight, which is supposed to be a good way to burn more calories - yay!
I got a late start getting to the gym, getting there a few minutes before 7pm. After doing the half hour of cardio I did 15 minutes of weights. I did the leg press (2 sets of 15 reps, the first set at 100 lbs and the second set at 120 lbs). After that I did the tri-cept machine (ugh!) two sets, 15 reps each at 30 lbs. Then I did the hamstring weights, same deal - 2 sets of 15 reps each at 50 lbs. Even though I didn't think I had time to do the weights, I'm really glad I got them in for a more complete work out.

In an effort to use up the food I had made over the last couple of days, I had a bit of a smorgasbord all wrapped up into a [not so neat] wrap. Here it is:

I had a 1/4 of a cup of brown rice on the side of the wrap. Inside the sandwich was lettuce, a low fat string cheese (melted), the seasoned tofu (from last night), half a roma tomato, sliced cucumbers, carrots, and roasted red pepper hummus. It was quite good. I had an 8 ounce glass of 1% milk with dinner as well. Fat free and 1% milk is a great source of calcium and protein. I always find that I will be more satisfied after dinner when I have milk (including soy milk) along with what I am eating.

Ben and I had a fun time watching The Biggest Loser. As I've said before, I always do my best to get to the gym on Tuesday evenings so that when I'm watching Bob and the contestents working out for two hours, I don't feel bad about my workout levels and intensities. It's even better when I have a healthy dinner - then I can enjoy The Biggest Loser totally guilt free Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

An hour and a half after dinner I did want a snack. Instead of ice cream (the double churned, lower fat option is the ice cream we have in the house) I settled for Panda Puffs peanut butter cereal by Nature's Path... They are a really satisfying snack!





















OK, I am off to bed - it's 11pm already and after last night's lack of sleep, I need to do everything possible to get a few more Zzzs tonight!

No comments: