Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday - gym, lunch, etc.

By 2pm on Saturday I was on the treadmill. I did a typical 1.25 mile warm up of walking and jogging. Then I went upstairs and did some weight lifting. I did the leg press, a triceps exercise, the hamstring weight machine, along with the hip and inner thigh fun stuff. Then I did the bicep lifting with ten pound weights, 2 sets of 15 reps each, and two sets of the calf rotator (15 reps each at 70 lbs). Then I biked for a mile and a half (in 7 minutes) and finished up on the elliptical machine where I did twenty minutes to cool down. It was a semi-productive afternoon at the gym. I think I was feeling a bit out of it because I had to take a benadryl for some sort of allergic reaction I had this morning. So I didn't have my usual energy when it came to the cardio workout this morning.

However, I did have enough energy to go to Trader Joe's on my way home from the gym - thank goodness! Our local TJ's was having a very good produce day, and I stocked up on lots of veggies! I got great deals on roma tomatoes, a cucumber, carrots and lettuce. I took all of my goodies home and made the most amazing veggie wrap:
On the wrap I had some low fat Mexican blend cheese, lettuce, roasted red pepper humus, one roma tomato, carrots and cucumbers. Along with a glass of soy milk and a little piece of dark chocolate, I had a great lunch - a wonderful reward for getting to the gym on this rainy Saturday afternoon.
After lunch I watched Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country, which is Ben's favorite Star Trek movie. Up until a month ago, I had never seen a Star Trek movie. I love Star Wars (the original three, that is - can't say the same for the ones that came out a couple of years ago) but I had never thought of Star Trek. I can say that I'm still a major fan of Star Wars, and after watching a few of the Star Trek movies, the last one was pretty good.

Well, it's 9pm and I'm just having dinner - last night's leftovers of whole wheat pasta, turkey meatballs, roma tomato sauce and a little piece of Igg's bread. Yum!

No comments: