Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday - post work


So, after leaving work around 445 I got home at 515 or so....
For some reason, I was starving! Perhaps it was that I only had tomato soup and crackers for lunch (a slight lack of protein in that meal!)

Anyhow - I knew that if I was going to get to the gym I'd have to make myself a quick snack. Here's what I settled on:

Yeah, I know. The picture doesn't look too appetizing. But it was great - and it got me through my Monday gym workout. It was a wrap with fat free string cheese melted, half a roma tomato sliced up and some roasted red pepper hummus on top. I'm glad I had it around 5:30 this afternoon, because Ben and I didn't end up eating until 8:30 tonight.

So, like I said - I did manage to get to the gym today. I don't know about you, but I usually take it easy at the gym on Mondays. It's almost like rewarding myself for getting to the gym on the first day of the work week - because that is super hard for me to do.

I did a combo on the treadmill tonight by walking, jogging and running 2.2 miles in 28 minutes. Combined with my high energy walk this afternoon, that added up to nearly an hour of cardio. On days like that when I don't get quite as much of a work out in, I always remind myself that I take the stairs at work instead of using the elevator ☺

After the treadmill I did a really quick weight work out. I did 2 sets (15 reps each) on the calf rotary machine - it was a killer today for some reason! And then I did my arm weights (biceps) with 12 pounds each arm, 2 sets at 20 reps each. The weights went by quickly, and before I knew it I was done with my Monday gym workout and it was the best feeling ever!

I got home around 7:30 and started my tofu delight dinner! I've mentioned it before on the blog, and I can't take any credit for it because I saw it on http://eatliverun.com but it is my favorite tofu recipe and I make it every other week now, sometimes more often!

Tonight I also made broccoli and brown rice to go with the tofu. Even Ben ate it, and I'm not sure he would normally eat tofu for dinner.... bravo Ben!

Here is what my plate looked like before I started chowing on dinner...














Ok, well it's been sort of a long day. It's 10:30 PM and I'm going to head for bed to do some reading and hopefully fall asleep soon!
See you all tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristin Marie said...

Hi Heather!

I scrolled through the blog you mentioned but couldn't find this tofu recipe you speak of. It looks great! You should email the recipe to me!

kristin