Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I've survived Tuesday!

Well, my Tuesday work day almost didn't get started since I barely made it out of bed this morning, and almost ended running for the train this morning.... It was arriving right as I was walking up to the station! I was exhausted this morning, and I actually woke up at 3:45 in the morning and I am not sure if I went back to sleep before my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. Ugh.

Anyhow, I made it and ended up having a pretty good day. I made all of my transit connections easily this morning and was at work by 8:15.

This morning's breakfast was a bowl of Heart Healthy Trader Joe's Blueberry Oatmeal and half of a banana mixed in with it. I was going to bring a tablespoon of almond butter to add into it, but couldn't find a container this morning! Here's what it ended up looking like -









I also got a refill with my Life is Good coffee mug at Au Bon Pain at South Station. I really needed the coffee this morning, so I was glad I remembered to pack my mug in my canvas lunch bag.


Today Ben had the day off from work in observance of Rosh Hashanah... He came to my office to take me out to lunch which was a great treat.

Ben arrived at noon today and we went out to see what we could find for a fun lunch together. I have to say, I had economics on my mind so I didn't want anything too expensive. I decided to show Ben the best New York style pizza around (at least in my office's neighborhood!). This place is called Sal's Pizza. It is amazing. Their slices are HUGE and so good. Today I had the tomato and roasted garlic slice of pizza for lunch. It was really great. Ben got a slice of BBQ chicken pizza. Here is what my lunch looked like:


This is what ONE piece of pizza looks like from Sal's! It's definitely two pieces of pizza - but I did eat both pieces! I ate my pizza at 12:30 this afternoon, the only good thing about having this much pizza is that it is now 6:20 PM and I haven't had anything else to eat yet this afternoon. I'm going to the gym soon, and then I'll make something light for dinner - not sure what yet, but I'll keep you posted.

OK, after consuming that huge lunch, I'm off to work out. More later!

No comments: