Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Productive Monday

Well, for once I got everything accomplished on a Monday that I had set out to do. Work was a super productive day, which is always a good thing. The more exciting part of my day is that after work I went to the gym for 45 minutes, then went to the market and then went home and made Turkey Chili for dinner! (*Thanks to my friend Katherine for the recipe*) After all of that we also did one load of laundry. I love doing laundry during the week and keeping up with everything around the house. That way when the weekend comes you're not faced with having to do a ton of laundry and house cleaning - you can actually use the weekend to relax and do fun things!

Of course Ben and I didn't start eating until 8:45 last night, but still - I got it all done and the best part is that we have dinner already set for tonight and maybe tomorrow.

My goal for the week: to get to the gym on a regular basis. I don't know about you, but for me summer is the time that I tend to slack off on my "regular" work outs. Who wants to go to the gym when it's super nice summer weather?! I probably went to the gym about once a week during the summer. Of course I took really nice walks during lunch, played tennis with Ben after work and did a fair amount of bike riding.... taking the subway to work also helps. Have you ever realized how much extra walking you do when you take public transportation? It is a great thing!

So, yesterday on top of taking the subway to work and getting those extra steps in, I also took a 25 minute walk at lunchtime, and then went to the gym. At Boston Sports Club I did the elliptical machine for 30 minutes and lifted weights for ten minutes. Of course, I could have done more cardio and more weights, but for a Monday I figured that was good enough. I'll be going back tonight and hopefully I'll be able to get a longer work out in. At least tonight I won't have to go to the store and won't have to worry about making dinner for myself.

I hope everyone is having a productive start to their weeks, too. I'll have more updates to come later today!

Cheers!

No comments: