Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Night (and a movie!)

Sunday night:
Ben and I had a great time at our movie on Sunday afternoon. I think we would both highly recommend Ghost Town to our friends…. But you must know, we love Ricky Jervais, so we are definitely a little partial to anything with him in it! It was a great mix of comedy and a touching story. I really enjoyed it – what a great Sunday afternoon.

Ahh, for food – while we were there we enjoyed some great popcorn, which was being popped as it was scooped into our bag. I love freshly made popcorn. It’s the best!

Even though we didn’t even come close to eating all of this popcorn (for once – usually I totally demolish this stuff!) I wasn’t really hungry for a big dinner – perhaps thanks to my veggie wrap with the veggie burger I had for lunch.

So, as I was trying to make up my mind for a while on dinner – I settled for a bit of a weird meal… but I actually have been known to have really strange dinners on Sunday night. I’m not sure why, but it’s sort of turning into a tradition. Here’s what I ended up having:

Trader Joe’s Heart Healthy Whole Grain Blueberry Oatmeal – this stuff is amazing. It has flax seed ground right into the oatmeal which makes it even better for you. The nutritional info is pretty good: 160 calories, 2.5g fat (0 saturated fat, 0 trans fat, 1.5 polyunsaturated, 0.5 monounsaturated) 0 Cholesterol (one of the great things about oatmeal, of course) 90 mg Sodium, 350 mg Potassium; Total Carbs – 30 grams; 6g Dietary Fiber, 10g Sugar (not too bad) and 4 grams of protein. Since it was dinner time I added a table spoon of Whole Foods Almond Butter to boost protein. Along with the oatmeal I had Clestial Seasoning’s Blueberry Tea. It was all quite good.

I spent the rest of the night catching up on my September and October issues of Real Simple and at 10pm I tuned into the first episode of Brothers & Sisters. It’s a pretty good show! Usually I end up Tivo-ing it so that I can get a good night sleep on Sunday night, but since our Tivo is on the fritz, I decided to watch the show at it’s allotted time and not take my chances with technology.

No comments: