Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bread & Chocolate Bakery


I love my neighborhood in Newton. I can walk to almost anything - two grocery stores (thankfully one is a Whole Foods!), a pharmacy, two coffee shops, a great independently owned bookstore and so much more.

My favorite part of our area in Newton is an amazing bakery, Bread & Chocolate. A couple of my favorite things from the bakery are their famous donut muffins. I'm not really sure what they do to make this amazing item, but it is lovely!

If you're in the area of Newtonville, MA they are located at 108 Madison Ave. It is well worth a drive out of your way to pay a visit to Eunice and Steve. If they are out of donut muffins (it's been known to happen, especially on weekends because everyone in town stops by to pick one up!) there is so much else to try. Some of my other favorites are the Lemon Blueberry scone, the Applesauce Muffin (a very healthy option!) or if it's later in they day, try any of their amazing cupcakes! For the record, Ben's favorite weekend treat from B&C is the pecan sticky bun.

If you're looking for a lunch option, they make amazing sandwiches and they always have a great soup option.... and you can finish up your experience with a delishous cookie (they're all devine).

Ben and I feel so lucky to have Bread & Chocolate in our neighborhood!

No comments: