Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's been way too long...

I am well over due for a new blog post, although I am sure that no one has noticed. A few house keeping notes. I have a new favorite blog that I love reading - Eat Live Run - and I highly recommend it to my friends that love food and exercise!! It's the absolute perfect mix, so check it out!

So, it is the middle of September, and we've had a few days that feel like fall already - which I am oh so pleased about. After spending the weekend on the Vineyard, and being soaked for a good deal of it (it rained all three days we were there) I have fallen in love with a new tea! Cinnamon tea is my new fav
orite. I had it at my favorite place in Edgartown, The Newes and now that I'm back on the mainland, I'm having a hard time finding a comparable tea! Tonight I took a trip to Whole Foods with my good friend Jenn, and had to settle for an Apple Cinnamon tea, and it simply doesn't compare to what I had on the Vineyard. So, the search continues. I'm definitely sipping my new tea while I type, and it's not bad, just not exactly what I'm looking for.

When it comes t
o tea - has anyone else ever been to the Celestial Seasonings headquarters / factory in Boulder, Colorado? Ben and I went this past December when we were out in Colorado over our Christmas break. The tour was so much fun, I loved it. The best part is when they take you into the room where the store all of the peppermint! I could have stayed in that room for a long time, just breathing in deeply. It was so cleansing! Well, if anyone is out in the Denver area - go to Celestial Seasonings for a tour - you won't be let down!

This past weekend on the Vineyard Ben and I did a lot of biking. It was sort of fun. A lot better once I bought a new bike seat for my Cannondale. If
anyone else has a Cannondale F7 out there or is thinking about buying one, let me tell you - it's a great bike - but you need to buy another seat before you go on a decent ride. The seat the bike comes with is horrible! The pedals are a little small, but other than that - it's a great bike.


Well, I think that's enough for tonight. What a random blog posting!! But I'll feel good just to get something up there.

Hope you're all well. I'm signing off to get back to my reading - I'm reading one of Doris Kearns Goodwin's classics - No Ordinary Time. If you are a fan of political history, WWII, FDR, or just want to read a great book pick it up - it's well worth your time!



No comments: