Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday - back to the grind!

Hi Everyone -

Ok, so I've been away for a while! I had a lovely five day "mini-holiday" which was a lot of fun. Thanksgiving was great and the other days were also really fun and relaxing. I did not take pictures of the food I ate over the holiday, which is too bad because there was some great food! Ben and I had Thanksgiving with my family (mom and sister) and we all had a part in preparing food for that day. I did some of the side dishes (green beans, mashed potatoes), my sister did hors d'oeuvres (an awesome spinach dip with Fage Greek yogurt, garlic and water chestnuts!) in a pumpernickel bread bowl and veggies... mom and Ben did the turkey together and my mom made an amazing pumpkin cheese cake for dessert! Wow! Oh, the other things we had are creamed onions, and sweet potatoes that had nutmeg and cinnamon - that was one of my favorite dishes...

After a lot of fun, eating, exercise and reading, today was back to the grind. Ugh! It was so hard to get up this morning. Ben was once again a life savor - up so much earlier than I was, he put started the coffee, thank goodness! If it wasn't for my cup of coffee, I never would have gotten started this morning.

So, I got to work a little later than normal and ended up having breakfast around 9am. I felt the need for some protein, and luckily I had a Pure Protein bar in my bag.

It was the S'mores flavor, and it was good! It kept me going until 12:30 this afternoon when I finally stopped to have lunch.


I had a few errands to run at lunch, and ended up going out to get a salad while I was out and about. It is strange to have a car at work again - and it was so much fun to actually have a productive lunch hour!

The salad I ended up with was fantastic. I do not know what was wrong with my camera at lunch - the photograph is definitely not the best. Sorry guys!

But here is the basic idea of what was in the salad.... broccoli, red pepper, roasted red pepper, orange pepper, cucumbers, carrots, artichoke heart, lettuce, mushrooms, chick peas, sunflower seeds (just a couple) and for a dressing I drizzled a touch of olive oil and then added a bit of balsamic vinegar. Along with the salad, I had a piece of fresh (and so soft!) pita bread - that was also fantastic!


I am guessing that my lunch might not have had enough protein in it.... but it was still amazing. I could not find a good protein item at the salad bar today (especially since I rarely eat cheese). A couple of hours later I was ready for a snack.... I had a fun sized Snickers bar (yikes!) and an amazing clementine.



Wow, the clementine was soo amazing! I really have enjoyed these for the last week (my mom had a ton waiting for us when we got home for Thanksgiving - thanks Mom!)

About an hour later (around 3:30 this afternoon) I did enjoy my second snack... a few almonds.

I find it so hard to get back on track with healthy eating after a holiday!
Today I was rushed in the morning, and it kind of threw me off for the rest of the day. I did not have enough time to pack a lunch, and plan out what I was going to eat for the day. Even though it looks like I've eaten a lot today - I think most of the things I had to eat were a pretty good choice...

I had to work late tonight, and got home after 6pm. Today is my 2 year anniversary with Ben (yay!) and he made us an amazing dinner to celebrate! We had salmon, whole wheat pasta, and spinach for dinner and it was fantastic!


I really enjoyed dinner tonight. Ben makes salmon soo well. I always enjoy how he prepares it and what he pairs it with for dinner.

So, it's Monday and I've finished my blog for the evening. I'm so hoping to get back on track with eating, exercise and the blog this week! Hope everyone is getting back to work, school, life without too much trouble today. Happy December 1st everyone!

No comments: