Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday - not yet back in the swing of things...

Hi Everyone!
Happy Tuesday... for some reason, this is feeling like a really long week to me! But I wanted to get one post up for you today.

SO, this morning (yet again) I was not able to get out of bed at the correct time. What is wrong with me!? I got to work again at 9am.... but I was able to eat breakfast on the run which was a treat! I forgot to take a picture, but I will tell you what I made. It was a Kashi Go Lean protein shake - the vanilla flavor. I was scraping the bottom of the container today, but still had enough to get a great shake and 26 grams of protein! I love this stuff. Two scoops has 220 calories, .5 grams of fat, 33 G carb (ok, so there is a bit of sugar in the mix - but it is cane sugar which makes it a little better!), 7 grams of FIBER and 21 Grams of Protein! The extra protein came from mixing the scoops with skim MILK. (which of course added about 70 calories as well - but still less than a 300 calorie breakfast which is fine on a day that I"m not working out in the morning).










For lunch I had a boca burger sando with whole wheat bread (toasted) and a piece of low fat American cheese (melted via the toaster oven at work!) along with half a cup of spinach on top of the sandwich and a teaspoon of mustard and ketchup. YUM!
After the sando I realized that I needed something else to tide me over until my afternoon snack. Chobani vanilla to the rescue. It was a great day for Greek Yogurt - and I added a few peanut butter Pandas to the top of it. What a treat! This was the best Part II of lunch I have had in a long while.




After lunch I did get outside for a quick ten minutes... it wasn't too cold, and my face needed to see the sun for a few minutes. I hope that I got some vitamin D even though I was only out for such a short time this afternoon! Tomorrow hopefully I will be able to walk at work. Exercise and Sun - you can't beat that combo in December!!



My afternoon snack today was a Blueberry Cliff Zbar. I'm meeting my friend Stephanie for dinner tonight - and we'll probably be eating around 7:30 or 8pm... I'm hoping my snack will be enough to get me to dinner!
I am so excited for dinner tonight! Stephanie and I are going to Figgs on Charles Street and I am sure we will enjoy some sort of amazing Pizza tonight!
Until then, my friends - have a good rest of your Tuesday!

No comments: