Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday:

Hi Everyone -
This morning I enjoyed yet another new breakfast creation! I am very happy that I went to Trader Joe's last night after working out... it has certainly helped to have some food in the house!
Last night I picked up a container of Trader Joe's plain Greek yogurt. I had not tried the TJ's brand of Greek Yogurt yet - but I had heard from other bloggers (thanks Kath!) that it is quite good. I have to also say that I do not like plain yogurt - but I eat it anyway!


So, this morning I put half a cup of the yogurt in my to go container to start with. I topped it with a drizzle of honey, a dash of cinnamon spice, a palm-ful of granola and some amazing fresh raspberries!! All of the toppings also came from Trader Joe's (but not from last night's shop except for the raspberries - which are amazing!!!)

I ate this creation at 8:30 this morning. The yogurt itself only measured in at between 60 - 80 calories and 12 grams of protein (awesome!) and with the toppings I'm sure it added another 100 calories at least. But that is still a very low cal breakfast for me.

I am pleased that it kept me full until 11am. At that time I had my small banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter with it. This is one of the most satisfying snacks in the world. Super yummy. It's noon now, and I am getting ready to go for a walk. I will certainly be ready for lunch in half an hour - but I am not dying of starvation, which is great.

My lunch choices are still slim at home - and I did not have time to make a tuna sandwich, which is what I really wanted for lunch today. Booo! Tonight I will definitely prepare lunch ahead of time, so I will not be forced to buy another cup of soup at the caf. Luckily today they are serving chicken and vegetable soup, which is usually good. It will go well with the English muffin and clementine I have packed!

I will be back in a bit...

No comments: