Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday's lunch, dinner & cake!

Hi All -

Wow, another stressful day at work and by the time I got home I was totally wiped out. I know I would have probably felt better if I had gone to the gym - but I just did not have it in me today! My body was a bit achy, and I was just exhausted when I got home.

But the re-cap of the day continues:

At lunch my friend Katherine and I went for a walk for 15 or 20 minutes. Walking by the water was sooo windy today! It was cloudy, and looking a bit like rain, so we cut the walk a little short. Meh! I wanted to be able to walk for longer, but we had a one o'clock meeting and still had to get something to eat before hand - so we were a bit short of time today. After the walk, Katherine and I split a sandwich - and due to the lack of time, I totally forgot my camera again! I have no idea why I keep forgetting my camera at lunch - it must be due to the constant LACK OF TIME I have been experiencing ALL WEEK!!

Ok, so the sandwich was really good! But I am so glad that we split it. It was a curry chicken salad wrap - and the wrap was whole wheat. Yum. It's my favorite sandwich our caf offers, I think. The curry chicken has a little bit of mayonnaise, I am sure - but it isn't much, thankfully. The other things in the chicken are celery, red grapes (yay!) and walnuts. It is awesome.

The half a sandwich held me over for a while. At 2:30 I had another clementine - soo good.
At 3:30 I finally got to my whole wheat English muffin with a bit of peanut butter. Wow, that kept me full for a really long time - until dinner around 7:45 tonight.


Before dinner tonight, I borrowed a recipe from Tina at Carrots 'n' Cake. It is a holiday cake recipe - and we can now say that we've made it, tried it and loved it. Thanks Tina! I love this cake because there are spices in it! I did follow the recipe - which called for ginger, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon... four of my favorite flavors! Check out how our cake turned out:



While the cake was baking, I put some leftovers into the microwave. The chicken & broccoli with brown rice was better today. This looks like a big plate - but that's because it's a lunch plate - not a dinner plate. Just had to clarify for the record!


Along with dinner, I had a glass of milk with a teaspoon of chocolate syrup. I do not like the taste of dairy milk - so I often flavor it with just a little bit of syrup so I can get the protein and calcium!

During Grey's Anatomy Ben and I enjoyed some of our holiday cake with some Friendly's low fat vanilla ice cream. Yum!


Well, it's 10:40 and I'm pretty much ready for bed. I am so hoping that tomorrow will go quickly, so that I can get to the weekend!

I hope you all have a great Friday. See you tomorrow, my bloggies!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Your cake looks awesome!!!!!

Heather said...

Thanks for the recipe, Tina! Ben and I loved it!