Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday - too far behind!!

Hi Everyone:

What is going on with me this week? Sorry for not posting yesterday.
I'm doing an oh so brief post during lunch - and sorry for not including the pictures!

I am proud to report that I had breakfast at home this morning!! I had only been up for twenty - thirty minutes when I had my bowl of Kashi Vive with 1% milk. Woo-hoo! That was at 7:35 this morning. I remained full until 10:45 which is pretty good for me!

I will devote a special blog entry about my morning snack, which will be post-gym workout tonight!

At lunch I had a peanut butter & jam sandwich (options are slim at home!) on two pieces of fresh (and wonderful!) Arnold double fiber bread! I was looking for double protein when I went to the store last night - but there were only two loaves left in the store, and their "eat by" date was smudged and I couldn't tell if the date had already passed. I HATE IT when that happens! I am yet to get my hands on Arnold Double Protein Bread!!! Next week, hopefully will be the week!

Anyway - back to the sandwich. I had a tablespoon of Teddy peanut butter on the sando along with a tablespoon of TJ's reduced sugar raspberry jam and it was a great combo.

I also had half a cup of plain (yuck) TJ's Greek yogurt. I do not like eating plain yogurt of any kind. But I make myself do this because it's the best type of yogurt. I put some add-ins to make it a little easier to eat! Some slivered almonds, peanut butter puffs (Pandas!) and just a few (10) semi-sweet chocolate chips. I am hoping this will go a long way to filling me up!

After the yogurt I had a clementine. Ben and I bought a box of them last night at Stop & Shop. This one and the one I had last night after dinner were not quite as good as the ones my mom had at home - but they are definitely pretty good. Now that we have an entire box, I will probably start eating about two a day!

That about covers lunch.
Now for my Question of the day:

I just finished reading Sammy's House by Kristin Gore. It was such a fun read, and I am sad that it is over. I am looking for book recommendations!

What should my next read be? Fiction, non-fiction, political, historical, any of these will do!

If you have any ideas for books - please leave a comment below. Thanks!

Ok - I am done with lunch and must get back to work. Enjoy the rest of your day! I will post more tonight.

1 comment:

nikkiO said...

Heather! Read The Historian! It will be a nice change up for you. It might start slow for you but give it a chance.

Soooo, I went to Safeway last night to do a quick, much needed grocery shop and they were out of Greek Yogurt! I was sooo mad! They also didn't have a big tub of Kozy Rice Pudding so I had to get the individuals which is better I guess for portion control.

I did find a package of Arnold Sando Thins (but didn't buy cuz I felt guilty about whole loaf of bread at home), Panda Puffs and Z bars (finally!). The only thing I bought was one Z bar. I did buy some veggie burgers tho. Thanks for the inspiration! I also bought some spinach to put on it. Didn't get any cheese tho. Cheese is soo expensive right now! Oh, and I'm more inclined to get a toaster oven now too. We don't have a toaster cuz Dg wants a toaster oven and I want a reg toaster.

xoxo