Saturday, December 6, 2008

A beautiful Saturday morning

Hi All -

I slept until 9:45 this morning, after a few early morning wake ups...

Once I was up and ready to start my day, I made a bowl of oats. It was an interesting morning in the kitchen. I have a new Calphalon one quart sauce pan, which I am now in love with. However, when you've been using "normal" or less expensive pots and pans most of your life, you have to be prepared for the change over to the new quality of Calphalon products! The water and milk I was heating up for the oats over-flowed while I was making Daisy her breakfast.... so I had a bit of a mess to clean up, and then had to add more water to replace the lost liquid. It all turned out just fine and the oats were amazing as usual.




This morning I topped my bowl of oatmeal with raisins, a couple of semi-sweet chocolate chips, slivered almonds and a spoonful of Teddy's peanut butter. For some reason it looks like a huge glob of peanut butter - but it was actually less than a tablespoon. Weird!

So, after finishing this awesome bowl, and catching up on the other food blogs that I read, Ben and I got ready for our day.

Today we are going to Salem, MA to walk around and enjoy the holiday decorations in the town. I have not been to Salem as an adult, so I am really looking forward to it!

It is now 12:15 on Saturday afternoon, and I'm a bit hungry already. I think I am going to enjoy the banana that was pictured in yesterday's blog since I never got around to enjoying it yesterday!

I will be back either later today or tomorrow to recap the rest of the day. Hope you are all having a great Saturday!!

No comments: